Chapter 17: Billionare

That morning I got up early with Ryder, sliding into my black leather riding pants, a black tank and my leather jacket. Yes I wear a lot of black, it comes with the profession. Sliding on my riding gloves and shoving my phone and wallet into my jacket pocket I followed Ryder downstairs.

I started making breakfast and many more people began appearing in the kitchen. I must have cooked pancakes, bacon and eggs for at least sixty people when I began running out of ingredients. "Alright, the line is cut off, I'm almost out of ingredients." Several people jumped up up and ran back in line for secconds. With a sigh I finished, setting two pancakes on a plate to the side.

In the corner of my eye I saw Jake, the Gamma reaching for my pancakes. With a hot spatula, I whipped him across the knuckles. He shreiked, pulling his hand back and shaking it. "That hurt woman!" He shouted at me.

Rolling my eyes I pointed the spatula at him. "I already fed you. That's MY breakfast." I warned him darkly, doing the dishes quick while I ate.

Finished I walked over and kissed Ryder on the head. "I'm going out." Turning to go, he caught my waist.

"Where?" That wasn't his only question.

Rolling my eyes, I turned back to him. "I need a new dress for the introduction, I only had the one because I don't exactly need them." I teased.

He shook his head reaching in his pocket and handing me a card. "Here use this." He told me.

Laughing I took his head in my hands. "Ryder, Baby, I am a billionare." He just stared at me. "Last night while you and Alec were fighting over cake"

"Delicious cake!" Alec clarified behind me.

"Whatever," I brushed him aside. "I closed a twelve million dollar deal which cosisted of me selling one of my minor companies to a large corporation for a merger." He just stared at me in awe as I kissed him quick. "I'll be at the mall in town with the girl I met yesterday." I told him quick walking out, but not before I heard the banter left behind.

"She's got the looks, the money and she cook's. She must only want you for your body." Seth teased and Ryder growled.

"Why is it always the alpha's mate?" One guy whinned making them all laugh.

Chuckling myself, I walked back to the woods, where I met Kylie yesterday.

Sure enough she sat in the same spot sketching away. "I hoped you'd be here." I admitted.

She looked up at me curiously before smiling. "You're back." she regarded, continuing her sketch. "Lovin' the look." she told me honestly, making me smile.

"So do I, but it's no good for that Luna ceremony thing." she scoffed and I rolled my eyes. "Anyway I have to go get a dress, you wanna come with?" her pencil stopped moving.

Her blue eyes glanced up at me humorously. "You mean like girl to girl shopping time?" Amusement was thick in her voice.

I groaned. "Don't say it like that, I'll dread it even more." Kylie just laughed at me until she finally nodded.

"Fine, but I'm driving!" she declared, standing up and wiping the dirt and leaves off her jeans.

She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans with black combat boots and her own leather jacket.

We looked each other over, speaking at the same time. "I knew I liked you." hearing our syncracy we both laughed.

Grabbing her supplies we walked back to a house not far off. "You live hear?" I wondered taking in it's view of the lake.

"You mean all alone away from the rest if the pack, then yeah." I have her a questioning look and she sighed. "You don't know do you?" I saw her hesitate a moment before speaking. "I'm the packs only omega." I waited for her to continue but she didn't.

Laughter bubbled out of me. "That's it?" She stared at me in shock. "It's cause if bad blood right?" Wide eyed she nodded. "Oh god I don't give a crap. I've got the same problem." I told her bluntly.

A huge grin formed on Kylie's face. "Yeah, I knew I liked you." she pulled her keys out if her pocket and threw the sketchbooks in the back. "Let's get out of here." with that I climbed into her silver Altima and we were gone.

When we pulled up to the mall it was like a scene in a movie. Jaws dropped. Looking around we fist bumped and headed into the mall.

Heads turned, following us wherever we went. It was kind of fun and I could tell it was a big ego boost for her, for which I was glad.

We'd been in and out of two stores already and neither of us liked anything. In the third store I found a nice dress, it was a black chiffon dress with a tie in the back and sheer sleeves and collar. It was comfortable and Kylie thought it looked good so I went with that.

I did notice the way here eyes kept wandering to a certain necklace in the showcase beside us. "Hey why don't you head to the next store. I'll pay and meet you there." Shrugging she agreed and with one last glance at the necklace, she parted.

When she left I walked up to the clerk. "How can I help you ma'am?" He asked politely.

I pointed down at it. "This necklace, I rather like it." It sat a medium thick gold chain with a reasonably large ruby in it. And intricate setting and plate made it a truly beautiful piece.

He smiled at me excitedly. "Yes this is one of only twenty ever made. It's about thirty years old and we in fact. are lucky enough to have two of them." Rare huh? my kind of investment.

Looking up at him I smiled. "I'll take both." His mouth fell open a little before he quickly recompiled himself.

"Miss you don't understand each if these necklaces costs $60,000." I just smiled at him.

"No you don't understand. I'm a self made billionaire." I slid him my gold card and his jaw fell open. "I'll take the dress too." I told him calmly.

Ironically the dress was pretty cheep. Only sixty dollars. Oh well. I had a little extra from my recent sale.

After calling his manager, who was also stunned they finally completed the transaction and putting the smaller bags in mine left. It turns out one was a ruby, the other was black onyx. Funny huh? Red for her black for me. Our own, one of a kind friendship bracelets.

In the next shop she found a nice black halter dress and we had a good time.

Redजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें