Chapter 9: Ryder's Side

A/N

So I thought it was time to change POVs! Just a little from Ryder's side of the story! Hope you like it!

Ryder's POV

Before she left I kissed Red, staking my claim to the other two who didn't seem to be getting the message.

I didn't like how they knew so much about her, or that she freaking lived here, but there's nothing I could do about that.

As soon as she left they all straightened up a little taller. Before anyone else could say anything, the doctor interrupted. "Who cut Red's hand?" We all looked up at him, but his eyes were narrowed at me. "Red is right handed but used her left prominently since you've arrived. She turned earlier and her sleeve moved up revealing the mediocre binding." She's cut? Why didn't I notice? I think he noticed the frown on my face and scoffed.

"She did." We all stared at Alec.

Jace leaned forward on his elbows. "Bull. Red's not that careless."

Alec nodded. "Yeah. Her bag got dumped last night. This morning she was searching for her phone and one of the men bumped into her. I wrapped her hand by the way." He said shooting a look at the doctor. Why didn't I know of this? This was not the place to ask. It would show faulty leadership and oblivion.

"I don't like leaving Red in someone else's care." Jace told me bluntly.

I bit down a growl and turned to Gale. "Quite frankly neither do I, however it can't be helped." He stated bluntly.

I sat up and eyed him. "I don't like you suggesting I can't take care of my own mate." My voice was dark and threatening and I think they all picked up on it.

He rose his hand. "Then do not give me reason to doubt. Now let's discuss the patrol issue last week."

The rest of the meeting went by fine. Finished we all stood, stepping outside. Red stood behind a swing set. Pushing the girl and talking with the boys, as they ran around the jungle gym. The sight was breathtaking.

"She's grown up to be a beautiful woman." Jace sighed behind me and this time I simply agreed.

She looked up and our eyes locked. Pushing back a loose piece of hair she gave a small smile.

Whispering something to the girl who ran up after the boys, she stood and walked over to us. "Everything go alright?" She wondered and we nodded.

I took her into my arms and felt relief wash through me. Red's mine and nothing will ever change that.

"You alright?" Red's voice pulled me from my thoughts. Nodding I smiled down at her.

"Yeah. I think it's time we go." Her face fell a little and it bothered me. "Hey," I knew I had to cheer her up, wrapping my fingers around her chin. "No one said you couldn't come back to visit." Her eyes lit up and she smiled at me.

I looked up at Alpha Gale, who was also smiling. "If that's alright?" He gave me an amused look.

Jace and Seth were also grinning. "Of course." Red went back to say bye to the kids. "That was big of you." Alpha Gale admitted.

Thankfully I nodded at him. "I am going to take care of her." I told him confidently.

"I know you will kid. She's happy now. Keep it that way." Locking eyes with him we nodded.

Red walked over. Sort of. The twins were on her feet and the girl is latched onto her arm. "Red don't go!" They wailed.

"I'll come back soon." She promised but they wouldn't let go.

Alpha Gale and Jace grabbed the boys and girl and took them inside.

Seth took her injured hand and her wrap fell away and was rewrapped before the old one hit the ground. "Hey there Speedy." She teased. He quickly pressed his lips to her hand before dropping it. "What am I five?" She retorted.

Alec grabbed my arm as I fought my wolf for control. He was even more pissed than I was. "No. You're a woman now Red. Come back to visit soon." He told her with a quick hug.

He disappeared and I bit back a growl. Red glanced over at me. "Ryder why don't you go a head and I'll catch up after I say bye?" What is she suggesting?

My disapproval must have shown because she leaned up and wrapped her arms around my neck. "It'll be easier for you and I'll only be a moment." She promised leaning closer to my ear. "I do want to go back to our pack." Those words shocked me, but I was never so happy.

Picking her up by her waist I spun her around before lowering her lips to mine. It was short mostly because of an obnoxious cough, but I was still too happy to care. She wanted to go back to OUR pack.

Setting her down she hid a light blush in my chest making me chuckle. If she wanted a minute I could give her one. "Hurry along love." I told her before turning with Alec and starting into the woods.

A few minutes later Alec explained why he hadn't stated she had been cut and out of understanding, I forgave him.