Chapter 43: Kylie's Resolve

Red's POV

There was a long silence before Kylie errupted. She looked the way a part of me felt. Things were flying at the walls, posters being shredded. Her eyes were shifting and I realized it was her wolf.

Kylie's POV

My breathing was ragged and my wolf and I shook. What he had done was wrong, immoral and unforgiveable. There was a ripping, burning sensation in my chest. What is this?! I screamed at my wolf.

It's us. Our loyalty and bond with alpha are shattering and our alliance is forming solely with Luna. No way. We'd long since know and felt that we were on Red's side but for it to be so real, this was unheard of. That's her strength.My wolf whispered proudly.

By the time it wore of I found myself staring at Red in bewilderment. "Kylie I need your help." I had no hesitation.

"Anything."

*****

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Pulling my coat closer I sped up to the pack house. I was almost there when I was intercepted. "Kylie!" Looking up at Alec I sighed. "Hey I just saw Red's car. Did she get back early? Her scent leads to your place." I couldn't help but growl sharply at him.

Alec blinked taken aback at how easily I growled at him. It was then he sniffed my way and growled himself. It didn't matter. We were no longer of the same pack and it alarmed him. "What the hell?!" He shreaked.

"Shut up and follow me." I grumbled and reluctantly he did so.

We were almost there when Ryder ran out. "Kylie, is Red back?" He asked almost desperately.

Nothing could hold me back anymore. I lept at him, white hot furry burning in my blood. I got one good punch in before pack members hauled me off him in warning. "You Bastard!" I cried out, thrashing as warriors flocked in. "Don't defend him!" I roared and many of them flinched, reluctantly and confused.

Ryder growled at me, but I didn't flinch. "What is this Kylie?!" Ryder demanded, puffing up tall.

"I have no allegience to a man whom cannot be true to his mate." Shock hit his features, and I broke out of their stunned grasps.

His lip pulled up in a threatening snarl, before his eyes flashed worriedly. "Kylie, where's Red?" I couldn't even look at him. "Kylie, where is she?" His voice filled with desperation. He disgusted me.

"Red won't be returning to the pack house." Many gasped but I didn't care.

"Kylie what are you talking about?" Alec spoke up behind me.

Taking a deep breath I looked up at him. "I found Red crying alone in the woods last night." Alec took a step back in disbelief. "She had felt something was wrong for weeks, and wanted Ryder to be here fore it. A part of her knew it was John's time and she made sure Ryder was here, by his side, only to runback and find him in bed with another woman." Silent I let it sink in for a moment. "I've felt it for along time. My wolf and I always sided with Red, but that was the last straw. I am of Red's pack now. Ryder has no control over me. I'm Red's beta." (A/N: Allow me to clarify. Ryder is no longer Kylie's alpha so no effect. Kylie is Red's beta and Red being the Luna means Kylie has authority now.) I looked up at Alec. A desperation for Red was in his eyes. "Alec I know you feel it too. Fight it or don't, but don't get in my way." No sooner had I turned my back on him then Ryder seized my arm.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" Damon roared out over all of us.

My eyes narrowed at him. "Somewhere she'll always be wanted." I growled, before running back. Back to Red.

When I returned Red had a notebook on her lap on the couch. I sat carefully beside her. "Thank you Kylie. It pains me too ask so much of you." I cringed at her words, before shoving her shoulder.

"Don't talk like that!" She whirled around to look at me in confusion. "No one has ever made me feel like an equal the way you have. I kinda love you." A grin broke out over her face.

"Only kinda?" She teased.

"Oh yeah. Only about this much." I held my fingers up less than a centimeter apart.

She bumped her shoulder to mine. "Well I kinda love you too."

Snapping and snarling broke out around the front of the house and we both leapt to our feet. Red ran to the front door, but I put my hand over hers on the door knob. "They'll know your scent's off." I reminded and reluctantly she stood back.

I stepped out side, noticing Red watching in the window. A ring of wolves had formed around my house, facing Damon. Even he had no choice."Leave! You're not welcome here!" I bellowed. I could feel the other wolves. There alliances had not shifted completly. They were all stuck in limbo.

It was hours until he took off, a madness in his eyes.

Red didn't cry anymore.