Gurren Lagann - The Next Generation - Part 7

Another milestone down for the count. At least it happened, even if slowly. Well, being preoccupied by the army is a bitch, but at least it's over.

More stories oughta be coming up soonish after this. Until then, enjoy.

You were now awaiting Greencube's next big move while thinking of applications for your Kingann's Getter Ray powers. It seemed to allow Kingann to create lethal energy blasts, but what else could it do? And just what would the next usable upgrade be?

You wondered this before deciding to ask Greencube's Avatar, the Ascended Granzeboma, about this.

"Oi Big Boss, any idea on the next move we're gonna do?" you asked it. 

"We shall stop the leader of Asakim's forces alongside his biggest fleet. Everyone will be participating." Greencube spoke, "That's how big the fleet is. Even Big O will participate. They're currently going past an asteroid field we'll be using to ambush them. And as there is no gravity in space, Big O will be participating with its ranged arsenal from on board my flagship, the Grandizer. So will Shinji. The Evangelion has no EVA equipment, so he'll have to make do by providing supportive fire from the ship as well." 

"Grandizer?" Lee asked. 

Just then, a titanic ship materialized around the crew. 

"The ship we've been inside this whole time." Greencube stated.

"Woah!" Mira said, "I can't believe big this thing is!" 

"Since it can house a 100m titan like my Avatar, it lacks firepower, having only some rotary machine gun antimatter turrets." Greencube stated, "What it does have to compensate is an impenetrable energy field to protect it from the dangers of multiversal travel and space. You can all go through the field without harm, as I have marked your mechas with specialized markers that allow for free pass through the shield." 

"You know your stuff, huh GC?" you asked Greencube.

"At this point in my evolution, yes." Greencube said, "I always evolve and improve, and at this point, I prefer overseeing things and fight less."

"Alright. When are we heading out?" you asked. 

"Not yet." It replied, "Justice Kabuto will fill you guys in on the plan while I steer this multiverse-travel ship to exit a portal into the asteroid field."

"Cool." you replied before running to your seat.

Meanwhile, somewhere...

The actual Greencube was walking around in a warehouse that was full of various mechas, some of them customs. 

"I love this hobby. I build my own mechas and pilot them as I like. Sure is fun, eh Gach?"

"Y E H E E  B O I ." Gacchan replied.

"A  B I T  S P E C I A L ." Greencube replied with a face resembling Ainsley Harriott's.

"How's that Avatar of yours doing?" Gacchan asked.

"Being a badass supervisor like usual." Greencube stated. 

Back with Kingann and Co. ...

You were making some maintenance checks before accidentally denting Kingann's foot with your tools. 

"Oh crap!" you said before you saw it repair itself.

"So, the Getter Rays are repairing Kingann?" you said, "That is some next-level shit! Glad I got to implement it into the systems!"

"Everyone, prepare. We are about to exit the pocket space we are in." Greencube's voice spoke out.