6.) Home

(A/N: This chapter takes place the first day you arrived at the gang's home from the hospital)

     Edd pulled up the car to the house, parking it, and commented, "Well, welcome to your new home, (Y/N). For however long you're here, it'll have been a pleasure having you."

     You unbuckled your seat belt and opened the door of the car. As you walked toward the house, all you could do was stare, silent as you stopped nearly halfway to the entrance.

     You felt a hand touch your shoulder and the figure asked, "Are you all right?"

     You noticed the green of Edd's hoodie as he stood still next to you.

     You shrugged off his hand, answering, "I'm fine, it's just...a lot to process," you paused taking a breath, "but thank you, Edd."

     Edd smiled, "Ha. It's just what anybody would do."

     Tom stumbled toward the house, replying to Edd as he hurried by, "It's not what anybody would do, but I guess we're not just anybody."

     As the blue-hooded man made it to the front door he quickly flung it open, not caring to close it as he rushed into the kitchen.

     A few moments later, you could hear him shouting and were worried at first, but by his tone, it seemed like he'd found his flask again. The man seemed to forget it at home a lot, you'd noticed while at the hospital.

     "I never want to leave you again, never in a million years!" he cried, dramatically.

     You heard a small chuckle from behind you and while walking past, Tord muttered, "Classic, stupid, Tom."

     The Norwegian entered the home and there was a stretch of silence before you heard a shout of protest. Of which, came from Tom, nonetheless. A figure ran by the front door in a blur and booked it up the stairs, flying into a bedroom on the right as they slammed the door shut. You saw Tom run past, frenzied, mere seconds later.

     When he made it to the bedroom door, you could hear loud banging and furious shouts, "Tord, you better believe that when I get my door open, I'm going to tear you to pieces, you mother-"

     Two people, Matt and Edd, quickly cupped your ears with their own hands, frowning at the house.

     After a second, Edd uncovered the ear he was covering on your head and whispered, "When they start up like this, it usually takes a while for them to calm back down again. Let's go out for a while, if you're feeling up to it."

     As you were contemplating Edd's offer, you looked at the house and, even with your ears partly covered, heard "roaring" from Tom and what sounded like taunts being flung from Tord.

     "What are you going to do, Thomas? The door is locked and I'm on the other side, where I can do whatever I please!"

     You nodded at Edd, not thinking twice, as you tried uncovering your ears. Though, neither Matt nor Edd let you uncover them, at least not until you got back to the car.

     Edd rolled down the car's window, leaning out of it to see the home over the car's roof, and shouted to both Tom and Tord, "We'll be back in about an hour, guys!️ Things had better be simmered down by then!"

     The caterwauling in the home continued, growing louder. Edd climbed out of the car mumbling under his breath the whole way, while he went to shut the front door, as it had been left open.

     Matt, who was sitting in the passenger seat of the car, turned to you and smiled, "When we get back, want to see my novelty toy collection?"

     You looked at him for a moment and nodded your head, "Sure, Matt, but how would you even go about getting a novelty toy collection anyway?"

     The ginger replied, "From all of our adventures, of course! I have at least one or more trinkets from everything we've done together."

     Matt went blank for a moment, seemingly losing track of the conversation, but he jumpstarted another one, "Did you know I have a female counterpart?"

     You stared at him, dumbfounded, "Um...do I even want to ask?"

     Matt continued on smiling anyway and pulled out a mirror from his pocket, "She's in a mirror like this one! Oh, but not this mirror, of course. This mirror is my own; I use it to make sure I look perfect everyday."

     Suddenly, Edd opened the driver's door to the car and climbed back in, pulling his keys from out of his hoodie pocket. Matt looked as if he was entranced by his image in the mirror and carried on with gazing at himself. The brunet put the keys in the ignition and the car started. A few seconds later, he pulled away from the home.

     Halfway down the road, Edd asked, "So, have any ideas about what we can do, (Y/N)?"

     You immediately felt your cheeks flush.

     Not wanting to be rude, you scrambled for your words, "Oh, well, it's your...you...I don't want to impose," you trailed off.

     Matt tucked his mirror back into his pocket and turned to look at you, "You're part of our home now, (Y/N), you don't have to be nervous about anything at all."     

     Edd bobbed his head, "You're completely right, Matt," a goofy grin lined Matt's face, "(Y/N), now I know things might take some getting used to for a while, but that's sort of expected. Though, we do want you to be able to act like a kid and sometimes have the chance to make those goofy choices a child might make."

     The man searched for the rest of his words, trying to make sure he said the right things, "Look, there's nothing wrong with being smart or edd-ucated," you could see the man wink at you from his mirror, "but there has to be some sort of balance."

     The brunet waited as you thought through everything he'd said before finally starting up again, "Alright, now that that's out of the way, what do you really want to do, (Y/N)?"

     You took another second to breathe, you knew deep down that Edd and Matt were right, but in a way, they still weren't. You weren't going to be able to just stop your habits, of sorts, at a snap of the fingers and you knew that you were going to feel uncomfortable not partaking in them, but what exactly could you do about that?

     "Let's just play along and see where this goes," your mind advised you.

     "How about we go to the...movies?" you suggested.

     Matt practically flew out of his seat, exclaiming, "Let's do it!"

     It took Edd a minute to bring Matt back down to Earth, but once he did, he also agreed.

     "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's head to the cinema!"

     (This is the link to where you may find the image/I really like the "realistic" art style done by Stray-Kage/Kageniec and if you zoom in on the photo, there seem to be little "bubbles" which makes the drawing really stand out compared to others. I also want to comment on Tom's hair and how its been drawn in this image because it just looks fantastic! I'm not entirely sure why, but I enjoy the way the hair all comes together after being puffed out near the bottom, just like a pineapple)