14.) Arguments tend to happen in a full house

(A/N: Sorry for the wait on this chapter! I have to admit that I was struggling for some time with making sure everything flowed smoothly this chapter and that the characters, mainly Tom and Tord, did things that fit into their personalities. I hope you all enjoy either way and I'm going to do my best to try and get the next chapter out sooner)

     Tord held your hand as you both made your way up the path to the house. His steps were brisker than before and you had to pump your legs as you tried to keep up with him. Due to both of your speed walks, it was only a few seconds before you made it to the front door and stopped abruptly. You moved your hand to turn the knob on the door, but Tord stopped you. He proceeded to let go of your hand he had been holding and pulled his phone out of his hoodie pocket. You watched him as he opened up a messaging app, tapping his phone's screen, sending a quick text message to Edd.

     A few seconds passed before Tord finally turned the handle of the door and pushed it open a crack, trying his best to not let the hinges creak. From your place behind Tord, you still managed to hear a flurry of muffled words wafted from the kitchen and an occasional huff of disagreement, most likely from Tom.

     "What could they be talking about?" You thought to yourself, tilting your head at different angles as you tried peering around Tord's red-hooded figure and into the house.

     You thought back to everything that had been mentioned to or about you today and from yesterday. There was a pool of thoughts constantly bubbling inside of your mind, but you managed to fish out the particular discussion you wanted. Hadn't Tord mentioned something yesterday about the guys staying home to discuss something? You silently analyzed the discussion you had found in your mind, barely noticing that Tord had motioned for you follow him inside, before you were pulled into the house. You only needed to take a few steps from the front door to get to the kitchen, but as you and Tord took each of the few steps, the small distance allowed you to hear snippets of Edd, Matt, and Tom's conversation better.

     You heard their jumbled sentences being thrown into the room from their lips, "We're in charge of them for now, Edd."

     "They've been homeschooled for their whole life, y'know."

     "Is that really a good idea?"

     As soon as the group of men saw you and Tord standing in the doorway of the kitchen, their chatter quieted as their conversation ceased. That's when it hit you what they were discussing, partly through your own memory and partly through your "analysis." Schooling "problems." What was there even to discuss? At least, that's what Tord had mentioned to you last night, but it had flown over your head. Not even garnering a second thought or take back from you.

     You felt utterly confounded in that moment. You were smarter than this, so why hadn't you caught that remark from the Norwegian last night? Why hadn't you even bat an eye at it? Were you finally losing yourself after such a little amount of time?

     "So, how'd your 'eddventure' go, (Y/N)?" You heard a 'punny' voice question you.

     There was a collective groan from everyone, shaking the fog from your mind. From your ears, you had heard Edd ask you his question, but when you took a moment and looked around, all eyes were trained on you waiting expectantly for your answer.

     You shuddered, trying to figure out what to say, "Oh, it was good. Tord and I really had some fun and I got to experience a piece of "real" Norway," you answered, whipping out your best smile.

     Although, it must not have been real enough for Tom as he turned to Tord, frowning, one eyebrow raised in a accusatory question.

     Tord's mouth stood agape for a few seconds, before he quickly fixed his composure and hardly bat an eye at Tom.