One perfect family

Troyes POV:
His mom looked shocked and looked at me in embarrassment.
"I knew I should've written you to go with your dad after the divorce" she said walking out.
He put his head in his hands still sitting on the bed. He wasn't crying because he was more frustrated than upset. I knew what I had to do, spinning my chair to face him. He wasn't looking at me because his head was still buried in the palm of his hands. I hugged him. I know it was effective. I've been studying therapy. That's what I wanted to do. I hugged him for a while in silence then I moved to close the door.
He mumbled something I couldn't understand because his mouth was covered.
"What?" I said dragging my chair near the bed so that he was near me when I sat.
"I said: I don't know why I'm telling you this but recently I've been feeling weird"
I knew I had to sit and listen, he clearly needed someone to listen to him. His friends were nice and fun but never talk about meaningful things.
"Weird....how?" I proceeded
"Like....I wouldn't mind.....you know.....uh......liking......a....I can't say it"
I knew where this was going, but I wanted him to say it. If he said it, it would make him feel better as if someone lifted weights off his shoulder.
"I'm listening" is all I said. "And I'm not gonna judge you"
"Promise me you don't tell anyone" he said, still looking anywhere else but me.
"I can't anyway, why would they believe or listen to the stupid nerd in class"
"You're not so stupid after all" he said.
"Thanks?"
He stayed silent
"Go back to what you were saying"
"I don't know if I can.....yet"
"That's fine. You don't have to. But if you want to, you can always call me"
"I thought you hated me, aren't I the bad scary guy?"
"You used to be, but now I've seen your softer side"
"I just wanna be normal. With a normal family and normal friends and normal school"
"Yeah well no one is that normal"
"You are"
"I'm not normal, im weird. My family are my only friends. That's like, weird"
"At least you have a normal family"
"I guess"
"What about your girlfriend, Maggie?" I playfully shoved him.
Oh god.......I think I'm........starting to like him......
Out of all people, him? God! It's never gonna work out. This kid doesn't even know his own sexuality. And is scared by his father. Though, his father is scary.
"What? She's too girly for you?" He chuckled I laughed, then he finally looked at me. Out of the whole time this was the first time he looked at me, at my face. I looked back but in 3....2....1....
"Noah can I use your- she paused "what's going on here, hm?"
Shit. I snapped back to reality.
"I...uh.....I gotta go" I looked around for my jacket and took it , then I ran off. I was scared of what was going to happen, or what will happen next.

I went home, "hi baby, you were gone awhile"