Chapter 10

"Oh William, she would be the perfect mate for our son, who might I add will be taking over soon as Alpha."

Alpha William nods his head in certainty.

"Yes dear, she would be a lovely addition to our family, and to take on the role as our new Luna, obviously once she has completed the mating bond with our son."

I look at them both shaking my head

"Sorry, but I'm too young to be a Luna"

Luna Vanessa looks at me, baffled by my reply

"Oh nonsense, you're over 16 now, perfect timing if you don't mind me saying"

My mouth drops low, is she serious? She wants me to become a mated Luna of her pack now. Is she planning on going on holiday and cant get anyone to cover her job?!

I step forward, to let her know that I'm, 'sadly' with a serious amount of sarcasm, not interested.

I'm suddenly grabbed by the arm and pulled back behind my Dads back, Beta Ryan, is next to me in the next instance, escorting me out the room. I can hear my dad shouting at them, about me being a Luna, and how it's not going to happen anytime soon.

He leads me just outside the doors, into the garden area, which I and mum worked on really well this year.

"Kara, I'm going to have to go back and sort your dad out before he punches someone"

I nod towards him, looking unfazed. My dad is generally a nice person, until it comes to my welfare. I suppose the phrase daddy's girl applies to me. I walk towards the end of the garden, down the gravel path we made, which leads in to the woods. That was the best thing about being in the alphas house, you have your little garden, with flowers that my mum enjoyed planting, the pond with little fish, which then leads to the big wide open world.

I head towards one of the bigger trees, so I can lean against it, to just take in what that crazy Luna said.

Me, a new Luna? Its really something I'm not ready for, I want to go out and enjoy my time while I can, before I'm restricted to being a stay at home, for the rest of my life, mother.

While I'm wallowing in my own thoughts, I catch a scent of an unknown male approaching me.

He makes it obvious he's walking in my direction, with the most beautiful smile on his face. Wow he's so handsome, he's definitely a massive stair case up, from some of the males in my pack. What on earth does he want to talk to me for; he could have any woman wanting to be on his arm.

He stops against the same tree as me, and leans against it towards me. I didn't realise how tall he actually is, until he was right next to me.

"Hi, the names Cain, and what would your wonderful name be?"

He's certainly confident of himself; he must think he's a real ladies man. I have to look up to even find his gorgeous face to reply to him.

"Erm hi Cain, my names Kara, my dad is the Alpha of this pack."

He opens his eyes wide, clearly in shock; he even gets off of the tree I'm leaning on.

"Wow, so you're due to be a Luna soon"

Where does everyone get this idea of me being a Luna soon?? They really need to change where they're getting their information from.

"No I'm sorry but your wrong, I'm afraid you must be getting me confused with someone else"

I get up to leave, I've had enough of all this Luna rubbish for today, and am going straight up to my room, to get away from the rest of the Alpha's and Luna's silly ideas.

As I start walking away he grabs my arm, he stops me dead in my tracks. Oh my god he's strong.

"I'm soon to be Alpha of the Royal blood pack"

My face drops, so this is the man that those two people wanted me to be with. I'm not standing round here any longer, I go to pull my arm, but there's no give in him letting me go anytime soon. With a low growl, I pull at my arm again.

"That's nice, now let go of me"

The wind is knocked out of me, I'm thrown right back into the tree, with Cain now standing in front of me, blocking any escape route. He places his hands on my hips, gripping hard and leans down to look at me, I'm starting to pant where I'm panicking. He starts running his finger up and down the side of my cheek.

"Now, now, there's no need to be like that. I'm sure we could be doing better things with our time"

He leans in towards my neck and inhales me and lets out a satisfy sigh.

Again, I wake up from that stupid, stupid dream.

I look round the room, to find I'm in Thomas' bed, with him still next to me. I roll over, I'm ok, I'm still safe, no one is going to hurt me.