Chapter 38

The walk to the pack house isn't far, but in these killer heels it feels like its miles away. I don't know why I do it to myself, but being only tiny, a girl needs some help in the height department sometimes.

The front door is wide open and I just stroll right on in. It's not hard to determine where the party's at, just follow the very loud music. The main room in here is huge, it looks like it just about holds everybody, yet there's still plenty of space to move around and have a good dance, I don't remember the last time I got to dance, so hopefully that will change tonight.

I make my way round the room getting to know everyone, if I'm forced to stay here then I want to get to know people to at least make it a bit more of a pleasurable experience being here. There are a few people who make my list of people to avoid, but that's fine, the packs big enough to avoid them.

On my way round I've also picked up a few drinks behind their bar. I've noticed that the drinks they have here are of the very strong variety as it takes a while for werewolves to get drunk, they've obviously mixed theses with some very strong alcohol, again this suits me fine. What doesn't suit me fine is that as I've passed one of the windows, it happens to be a full moon tonight. Full moons can be a bit of an issue for some of us; it probably explains the reason why Ronan was quite aggressive towards me earlier. And why he's giving me a dirty look from across the room now.

Maybe I'll just stay on this side of the room away from him; I don't need to be put back in the cells for getting on his bad side again.

"What are you doing here?"

Ah the lovely Noah has graced me with his presents

"Your face is healing well"

He lets out a small laugh

"Not bad. You've got some strength behind your punches, but seriously, you're supposed to be down in the prison block, how did you get out?"

I'm not sure if he's slightly angry or finding this quite amusing, either way he's not finding out how I managed to escape, you never know I might need to call on that tactic again soon.

"Sorry I can't reveal my secrets, but I'm not here to cause any trouble, I promise I'll be on my best behaviour"

He doesn't seem like the type of wolf to fall for the fluttery eyelash tactic but I give it a go none the less.

"Hmm, cute. Make sure you behave then."

I give him a wink and blow him a kiss, he seems a bit taken back by it, but I need to act sweet and innocent to make my point. Even if I'm making my way back to the cocktail bar, they are really good.

*2 hours later*

The party still seems in full swing, and I'm having the best time I've had here so far. I've met a few girls here Kirsty and Rachel who I seem to get on with, Olivia came up and apologised to me for this morning's moment, we just hugged it out and went back to the bar for a few drinking games. And now were all on the dance floor. Kirsty and Rachel both have mates and are dancing with them, me and Olivia are dancing together.

I'm not feeling quite as settled on my feet anymore, but who cares, you only live once! And I really should stop accepting drinks from people, they're far too nice, in exchange they only ask for a dance, but I can't keep dancing all evening, so I take a break and head outside for some fresh air.