Chapter 34

I stare at the big, spotless car in front of me, it's been sitting here for days with nothing to do, it really could do with a good drive, and I could be the one to take it for one, if only I knew where the keys were.

Thinking logically, I doubt he would take them with him, he wouldn't leave them just hanging around, not that anyone would be brave or stupid enough to even touch them, let alone take them. So I can only narrow it down to his room or office.

I run back up the stairs, I'll try the office first, id rather not go snooping round in his room. I stalk out the corridors like I'm a spy and I gently push his office door open before going in and shutting his door as quietly as I can, considering werewolves have exceptional hearing I need to be as silent as a ninja. Well as I think I am a ninja. I go straight for his desk; he's probably left it in one of his draws.

And low and behold, his car keys are in the top draw. Someone is clearly looking down on me with luck today; they will probably get some satisfaction out of it too. I hide the keys in my pocket before just casually strolling out the door, only to bump into someone.

Shit its Noah.

"What are you doing in the Alphas Office?"

Erm, erm, I need to think of a quicker reply rather than just mumbling in my head.

"Because I wanted to"

Great, best come back award goes to me; I will have to get a shelf to put them on soon.

"Because you wanted to? Yeah you need to come up with a better excuse than that"

I can hear him letting out a low growl; he knows I'm clearly lying and struggling to get out of it. So I go for the next best answer.

"Well, erm .. Bye"

I turn around quickly and begin walking off, he knows he can't do anything to me, Cain's father told him so last time, so at least I managed to get out of this confrontation this time, all for a set of keys.

As I get out of eye sight of Noah I run back down the stairs before I get caught by him again.

I find the button on the set of keys to open the garage door, and then open the car and jump in. Cain is stupidly tall so I have to push the seat quite far forward so I can reach the pedals, and annoyingly I have to raise the seat up to. Perfect! I was in a rush, but now I take my time to adjust the mirrors, I have to see where I'm going after all and then I change the radio station he has, change the direction of all the blowers and adjust the temperature setting. Feeling quite content that I've now got comfy, and messed all of Cain's setting up I can now drive round and pick up Olivia.

I pull out of the garage and head towards the pack house, the windows are all blacked out so no one will know it's me driving his car, they just might assume it's their Alpha who is back from him trip early.

On my way over I messaged Olivia to say I was on my way and to look out for me as someone let me borrow their car.

As I approach she's standing just outside, seeing the range rover coming towards her, she immediately bows her head for respect, oh bless her. I pull up next to her and lower my window and smile at her.

"Well what are you staring at? Come on, jump in"

"Kara have you lost your head? Do you know whose car you've taken?"

"I'm going to give it back, so I've not technically stolen it, its just borrowing it. And he left me with no car so it's only fair that I borrow his for the time being"

She doesn't look impressed with my answer, in fact she looks scared.

"You need to take it back, before the Alpha gets home and realises that it's gone"

"Oh please, what's he going to do, throw a hissy fit because a girl took his car and changed everything around in it"

"Kara I'm serious, you don't know what he's capable of. Now please take it back, I'm not getting in that car with you"

Capable of? Ha that's original; I think I know exactly what he's capable of.

"You don't know anything about mine and Cain's experience together; I know exactly what he's capable of, if you're not going to come with me, I'll go on my own."

Before the tears come to my eyes I drive off towards the shops with all my thoughts.