Chapter 42

I try my best to not make a scene. Who am I kidding?! I kick, I scream and I scratch at Ronan as hard and as loud as I possible can. And that's no easy feat in a dress and high heels

"For fuck sake Ronan, just let go off me!"

Again, I'm graced with no response what so ever, as he now drags me up the stairs and towards the bedrooms. He opens one of the doors and throws me in, before he come in and shuts the door behind him.

"What the hell is your problem?!"

Again, no reply. He very slowly lifts his head up to look at me, and even though it's quite dark in this room, I know his eyes are black. I'm looking at a very pissed off werewolf.

I cross my arms across my chest and look away from him, shaking my head very slowly side to side, if he wants to play the silent game, that's fine by me, although I can't imagine I will win this game, as I generally struggle when I should hold my tongue. Its only when I pout and kiss my teeth does the big bad Beta decide to speak up for the first time since I was rudely dragged away.

"Don't play games with me"

Knew it, couldn't keep my mouth shut, and he's being such an arse over it.

"excusssse me! You didn't even want to know me half an hour ago, and here you are now lording up over the manor, with the 'don't play games with me' bullshit"

My chest begins heaving up and down, I still refuse to look at the arrogant man before me, I know I will just loose my shit even faster than what I am now.

"And you're the one acting like a spoiled child who can't get her own way!"

He raises his voice to me, but it doesn't do anything to silence my own, he must know by now that I will retaliate.

"I was quite happy getting my own way down there. Remember it was you who dragged me away."

I literally hear the most threatening growl I've ever heard come from him, and it makes no difference to me, I march up towards him and poke my finger on his chest before I carry on with my rant

"Remember I'm nothing to you, so why don't you just go back to your slut and carry on where you left off"

I think if I wasn't so high on alcohol I would probably get very teary right about now, the images I had of that 'thing' grinding up and down again my Beta, and him doing nothing to stop her did sting a little bit. But now I'm just angry and nothing will calm me down. I begin to walk around Ronan heading for the door; I don't think there is anything left to say anymore at this point.

I grab hold of the handle, not sure whether or not I want to look back or carry on walking. I decide to just leave. The door doesn't get more than an inch open, before I feel the hot sparks run up my arm where Ronan grabs hold of my wrist.

"I'm not finished talking to you yet"

I take in a deep breathe, don't get angry, don't get angry, don't get – fuck it!

"Well I'm finished talking to you! Now get your hand off me before I break it!"

Ronan applies a quick jolt of pressure to my wrist, not enough to hurt me, but enough for my hand to release the grip on the door handle, as soon as my hand releases, he pulls my hand behind my back and puts all his weight onto me, effectively closing the door. His head comes straight down to mine, and he uses his free hand to move my hair away from my face, before he runs his fingers up and down my neck and the top of my shoulder.

"I like it when you get violent with me"