Chapter 24

My body jumps up, I'm still in the car. Its quite dark out, I look to my watch, 2AM. I've been asleep most of the journey, thank god. Cain shifts in his seat. We must have stopped at some point as he is now in the passenger seat, and another member of his pack is now driving. He looks back to me,

"Aw sleeping beauty is now awake, you looked so peaceful I was tempted to come back there and join you"

I'm still half asleep, so make no remarks to him; I just look out of the window. We're in another territory now, and making our way up to a massive house, most likely his pack house. The cars pull up just outside, both Cain and the other man get out, leaving me briefly on my own for my mind to wander. I don't feel safe being here with no one else with me for back up, all of Cain's pack could turn on me in an instant if that's what he wanted.

The door opens revealing Jake,

"Are you planning on getting out today, some of us would like to get some sleep?"

"Well its not like I have a choice now is it?"

I get out of the car unimpressed, I already want to go home and get into my bed, there's nothing like your home comforts.

A young woman comes out of the pack house and walks up to me, her head lowered, but even I can see she is covered in bruises. She looks absolutely petrified of me, and is practically shaking.

"G-go-good evening miss. Pl-please follow me to your room"

I nod my head towards her, even though she won't lift her head up to see me.

"Thank you"

She begins to walk away towards another house, I instantly follow her. There is an air of authority around the house she's lead me too, it's probably the Alpha's ... great!

We go inside and head right up the stairs, she leads me down a long corridor and we stop outside a room.

"This room is yours miss"

Again she refuses to look at me and just bows her head in submission. Why is she scared of me?

"What is your name?"

She still refuses to look at me. What have they done to her here! She takes off running away from me. I can't believe it, what goes on in this pack.

I walk into the room that has been provided for me, it's a beautiful room. A lot bigger than mine, and I notice that it has an ensuite too! How perfect, shame I wont be staying long to appreciate it, if Cain thinks I'm staying here willingly he really doesn't know me that well at all.

There's a knock at my door, I walk over slowly to open it, please don't be Cain!

Its even better, it's his Beta, Ronan. He is literally carrying all my stuff by himself, god he's so handsome, and clearly very strong to be holding all my stuff, the way his muscles are flexing, the way he's staring at me with a smile on his beautiful face.

"Now I know I'm drop dead sexy, but I do still have things I have to do tonight."

Shit, how long have I been staring at him, I mentally have to face palm myself.

"Erm right, sorry"

I step aside and let him in, and ask him to put all mystuff at the end of the bed, I'll sort that out when I get 5 spare minutes. Ashe lowers my stuff down I can see the muscles in his back rippling, he's soperfect, and it's so hot in here, like really hot. I feel really hot and amaching, what's going on with me? The injection I got from the doctor should stillbe working! But I'm returning into my heat, in front of my mate.