Chapter 40

"Excuse me?!"

I must need my wolf hearing checked because I'm sure he just said I'm nothing to him. Well, what's he waiting for, I might need him to clarify a bit more.

"What's your problem Ronan, you'd rather have this slut hanging on your arm all evening?" I wave my arm up and down towards Amy. She's not in the least bit interested in what I have to say; maybe it's in her best interest to keep her mouth shut after all.

"Don't push your luck Kara, or I'll put you back down in the cells myself"

He could at least look at me while he's talking. Put me, down in the cells, HA! He didn't even do it the first time! He got his little pack of friends to drag me.

"Oh please, you don't have the balls to do it yourself, but whatever, you can keep her!"

I've never had to fight for a guy before, simply because I've never had one to fight over and I'm not prepared to start now, if being my mate means I'm a nobody, then that's fine!

I walk away and back towards the bar, I need to wash these bad thoughts away.

---

I've had way too many drinks now, and maybe it was a bad idea to have that round of shots with the girls, but it would be so rude to refuse their drinks, so I just chucked them back.

I look over back towards Ronan and his pathetic hand luggage, only to find them gone. I scout the room out to just find them in the middle of the dance floor, and the bitch is asking for it, if she gets any closer to him she will soon end up with permanent damage. Ronan catches me giving him death threats and glares and only smiles my way, and gives me a wink! Is he trying to make me jealous! He's playing a very dangerous game!!

My wolf has a fantastic idea, as he's been so kind and generous to me this evening, I should return the favour and grab a dance partner to make him jealous too – genius!

But who to pick?

Jake? He seems like such a nice guy, but I don't think he would be convincing enough if I got a bit closer to him. I need someone who wouldn't mind putting their hands on me a bit too close for Ronan's comfort and get a reaction out of him, but who else is there?

Maybe I need to get out and have a little walk around the room, or make my way to the dance floor with the girls in the hope of attracting a partner, but what if it doesn't work and then I'm there on my own like an idiot?

Before I make a decision of what I'm going to do, Rachel decided for me.

"That's it girls, the drinks are flowing and its time to party!"

Wow, and I thought I was a bad drunk, but props to her; she's getting up, with the help of her mate of course and making her way over to Ronan and the rest of the dance party. Shit, what am I going to do?

"Need a dance partner?"

Noah! He's perfect for this!