Chapter 48

I'm not currently sure if the other part of me if wolf, maybe snail, with how slow I make it down the stairs and out the house.

As I drag my feet towards the group, I see Jake welcoming Cain back, I'm sure it's a pleasure to him, but to me it really is a walking nightmare, I knew I should of made a run for it when he first left, I could quite literally be on the other side of the world by now in hiding. When I finally jump back to reality I notice that Jake had just asked how his trip was.

"Completely pointless! We spent most of the time tracking, to come up empty handed. We couldn't get any traces on them, and could find nothing that would draw them out."

"We'll get her back soon, we need a bit more patience" I look over my shoulder to see William coming from behind to welcome his son home.

Get who back soon? Am I really missing something here? This sucks being the new person, no ones tells you anything round here, even if you bother to ask.

"Yes father, I promise ill do-" Cain swings his head round to look towards me, his eyes turning as black as they go and his fangs immediately extending, he knows!

I slowly step back, if I make any movements too quick, he'll likely chase, and its not something I need right now, not with him anyway.

But before I get too far, Ronan steps in front of me, shielding me from view. What is he doing? He knows Cain won't stand for it. He lifts his hands in a non threatening way before he addresses his Alpha.

"Look Cain, you need to calm down, now's not the time, we need to rethink, and make new plans"

Yes good idea, make new plans, plans that don't involve me or any part of my reproductive organs!

Mateerm no, bad wolf, bad idea, that's not ours and we don't want to mate with that alpha.

I've never know her to be so insistent, especially with this topic. You have sex one time, and your wolf now demands that you go out to get more, and clearly from anyone of high rank.

Once I finally get myself under control and my wolf back in her place I look back up to realise that once again, I've missed most of the conversation and apparently new plans have even been spoke off and stuff is getting underway. How long have I not been paying attention for?

Mateseriously you're getting sedated if you carry on! My hand going back to my stomach as a very quick jolt of pain goes through me. Please not here, not in front of everyone.

Again Cain looks me up and down, not even paying much attention to what Ronan is saying to him. I don't feel safe here; I need to go back inside.

I turn around, but instantly bump into another person and with my added Alpha strength, I accidently push them over. I look down to apologise, but then decided to keep my mouth shut, as the person who is on the floor is the pack slut, Amy. 100% satisfaction!

"You did that on purpose!"

Yeah! Totally did! Do it again if I get another opportunity.

"Oh grow up, it was a complete accident and you know it"

"No it wasn't, your just jealous of me"

Sorry? Jealous of you?! I think not sunshine. What could I possibly be jealous of? Nothing

I don't even bother to reply, I just shrug my shoulders to let her know I'm not interested in this little game of backwards and forwards between us.

"A future Luna? HA! What good would you be, you can't even stand up for yourself, let alone a pack. You don't deserve to be next to Alpha Cain!"

"Newsflash, I aint interested in being Luna, you can have Cain if you want him so much!"

And that's when the rest of the pack turns round to look at us shouting. Oops.