Chapter 8-The Knight's dinner

They decided to walk to the house since it wasn't far. Upon arriving, Alex stopped staring at the house before her. It's been a year since she came here. Although this is not her childhood home, memories of it came flooding back. The bad and the good mixed together causing Alex to get lost in her thoughts. Lilly who walked in front of her didn't notice Alex stop, but the queen walking next to her did. The queen reached out and touched Alex's back whispering into her ear "You look scared to go into your own home dear...."

Alex glanced at the queen, her mood can be very confusing indeed. Alex swallowed her breath, she was scared, but most likely not for the reasons the queen thought.

Before Alex could explain, a little boy came running out the front door. This startled the queen for a moment. She didn't like kids much. Perhaps it was because she didn't like her childhood and children remind of her it. The little boy looked to be around 8, his skinned was tanned with blonde hair and bright blue eyes that reflected the lanterns hung by the door.

"Mom!" the boy screamed running towards Alex. Alex dropped to her knees, grabbing the boy in a hug, and cried.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there was someone taking a picture of this moment, it would show a range of emotions reflected of each character standing outside that small old house. Confusion, happiness, sadness, lost....

"Thomas" Alex kissed the boys head. "I missed you so much." Alex stood and looked at the queen.

"This is Queen Isabela." She told the boy who bowed.

"My mom said in her letters how pretty you are..." he stared at the queen lost in her beauty. Alex playfully closed the boy's mouth and started to push him inside. Stopping Alex turned to the queen and asked if she was coming.

The house was small, but it felt like a home. The air in it was hard to described, but it smelled delicious. The queen was shocked by herself how well she relaxed. She listened to the lighthearted stories of Alex as a child. She watched to the boy's wiggle as Alex tickled him.

Laugher filled the home. The queen never felt at home. Not as a child or now in her castle. But, she thought to herself... this is what that feeling would feel like. If only she had a family or someone that cared about her.

"......Then Ally ran into the house and jumped on the table, right after mother set it!" Lilly said between her laughs. "She was only 5 or 6 , but she was covered in mud. Mother was upset, but she couldn't stop laughing either. Ally kept yelling she beat the mud monster. Our dad walked in a few seconds later... also covered in mud! He started to yell the mud monster was back and chase me and mother around the kitchen"

Alex looked over to the queen who seemed to be enjoying these stories. To Alex, the queen also looked sadden by them. Alex reached out and touched the queen's hand under the table rubbing it slightly before pulling it back. The queen looked at Alex and smiled. 

The food was exceptional, even better than the ones at her castle. Time was passing quickly and queen had many questions, but was lost in the atmosphere to ask them. Alex also felt the time getting late and saw the sun had completely set. They had another busy day tomorrow with meeting the town counsel and then another journey. She knew she and the queen needed rest. Alex stood and hugged Thomas.

"We need to go." Alex said with a hint of tears in her voice "I love you and I'm so proud of you. Be brave and I will see you soon." She told Thomas.

Looking at Lilly, Alex continued. "Thank you for everything. I'll send you a letter as soon as I can"

Lilly knotted her head with tears falling down her face.

"Are you coming back tomorrow?" asked Thomas looking at the queen. He had taken a liking to her, even if she didn't speak much tonight. He enjoyed her laugh.

The queen looked at Alex so Alex started to say no. As much as she wanted to, she knew the queen would most likely never want to come back. Alex was, after all, still surprised she agreed to come this time.

"Yes." The queen stated before Alex could open her mouth. Alex beamed. Thomas jumped from his spot by Alex's side and ran towards the queen. Thomas throw his arms around her waist hugging her as tightly as he could. Then she wrapped her arms around him and felt something in her heart she had never felt before.

The Kingdom of RiverNight- The Tale of the queen and her knightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें