chapter seven

ava's pov.

i look down at my phone and see it's 7:23, billie will be here soon. i look up at myself in the mirror, finishing my makeup. i wore my hair with my usual half up half down, with the bang swoop. i stand up and press out my outfit with my hands. i'm wearing a neon green and black shirt with a dragon, it's see through so i wore a black bra underneath, and some tight black pants to try to make my non existent ass bigger.
i start curling the ends of my hair, and then i feel a vibration on my vanity. i look down and see a message from billie.

billie: i'm pulling up. be outside.

i jump up and grab my wallet, and my phone. i don't wanna go downstairs and deal with my sister and marina again. i open my door quietly, and try to go down the stairs without making noise. i look over the railing and see them both sleeping on the couch, so i go down as quickly as i can, heading towards the door when my sister sits up and looks at me.

"ava, if your going with billie i swear to god-" she begins to say loudly and i don't even listen, i just walk out and shut the door before she can finish.

i walk down my steps and see billie waiting, watching me. i walk fast to the car and get in, not wasting any time in case adryana follows me.

"please just drive, quick" i say as i shut the door.

she looks at me, and starts driving without asking anything.

it's silent for a moment, then she looks over at me.

"you look really good ava." she says, smirking.

i look down, knowing that i'm blushing. "thanks billie." i say. i'm still mad about earlier, but i can't help but get flustered when she compliments me.

"where are we going?" i asked, looking at her.

she looks straight at the road still. "to where we went earlier, for a party." she says normally. it's like she forgot about earlier.

i gulp and look down. my leg starts shaking. a party? fuck dude. my anxiety. i really can't have an attack.

"a p-party?" i say, stuttering.

she looks at me at the corner of her eye, still driving. "yeah a party, you good?" she asks, seeming actually concerned.

i really don't wanna tell her about my anxiety, but if i don't, and i have an attack, she's gonna think i'm a weirdo.

"i d-dont know if that's a good idea-" i start, getting really nervous, looking out the window.

i suddenly feel a hand on my thigh, rubbing it up and down. "why baby?" she asks.

my heart does like 10 flips when she called me baby. i suddenly felt so safe.

"i h-have um..really bad anxiety. i get panic attacks in big crowds." i say, really embarrassed.

she continues to rub up and down my thigh. "i know. i can see it ava, i'm not stupid." she says chuckling a bit. "i promise you, i'll be with you the entire time, nothing will happen." she says, squeezing my thigh lightly, trying to reassure me.

i look at her, and i see her looking in the corner of her eye. her face looks genuine. this is the billie i want, all the time.

i nod and smile softly. "okay, i believe you." i say. i don't know why, but i trust her.

she drives for about 3 more minutes until we pull up to the house from earlier. she opens her glove box again, putting her gun in her waistband again, and gets out. i open my door and step out, following her.