chapter twenty seven

ava's pov.

she sits there a second, and stares at me. she doesn't look angry, but she doesn't look happy. she looks emotionless.

i immediately look down, i knew what was coming. i had to prepare myself to be strong for the break up, until i was alone and could drown in my own tears.

but she said nothing.

she finally turns walks past me, and leaves. she immediately goes to her car and drives off. what? she's gonna leave me here..what if mario came? and i'm here by myself. what is this suppose to mean? i mean i guess it's a lot to take in, but was she mad? i hate being by myself. i should've known this would've happened, i should've just told her. i hate myself.

i ran upstairs to my room, and i just laid in my bed and cried. i was mentally screaming. i had no idea what she now thought of me. i can't expect too much, we are both young and she has a completely different life then me. i couldn't just expect her to put all that to the side. this was too much for one moment, and of course it had to happen on her birthday.

i continue to cry for a little, and i hear my phone buzz. it's a facetime call from kennedy. i sigh, and hit accept.

her face was right in the camera, looking at my crying eyes.

"i'm sorry what she said to you." i whisper, i really felt awful, billies mouth ruthless. "she gets really worked up when she doesn't know what's going on." i continue.

she just looks down, and then back up at the screen. "did you tell her?" she asks.

i nod, as a few more tears slip. "and she just left. walked out, she said nothing." i say quietly,  trying to not burst out in tears. i was so mentally exhausted from crying.

kennedy gives a weird look. "what? who does that to their girlfriend?" she says, furrowing her eyebrows.

i gave her a look. um anyone? that's a lot to process, clearly since it's not hers. "it's a lot to process kennedy. i had prepared myself for her just leave me all together." i say, kinda annoyed. billie does things that aren't the best, but when people talk about her i get angry.

she shrugs. "but what if she doesn't leave? you want your child around someone who acts the way she does? she'll be unreliable." she says back, also with some attitude.

i raise my eyebrows and laugh. "you're kidding right? you know nothing about me and billies relationship. hell, you barely know anything about me." i spat, and i hung up.

how dare she fucking speak to me like she knows everything and what's best for me? she doesn't even know me. she just happened to be there to put all the pieces together.

i lay my head back in frustration, as i begin to cry again. my mind was just racing again. i was so focused on billie finding out, i forgot completely about my sister and marina. i have no idea how to tell them. they barely know how everything went down to begin with, they just wanted me safe before anything. but now i have this to reveal, i know marina would be ok but i was scared about adryana a little.

my mom had adryana at 14. i know, very young. her and my dad got married in the dominican republic after they found out she was pregnant. after adryana, my mom was pregnant with me not even 6 months later and she had me at 15. so moral of it all, our parents struggled with us. after they both were 18, they moved to new york and renewed their vows to start a life with us here.  as we grew, we saw them struggle with a lot money wise, and dealing with us i guess overall. that's why i think they left. they never left a reason in the note, they just said they were never coming back. but i think that was the reason.