chapter twenty one

billies pov.

the paper immediately drops from my head, and i run out the door. i go into the closet in the hall, and grab my other gun. i run down the stairs and jah is staring at me.

"he has ava." i yell, "let's go." i say.

he immediately follows me outside, and we go into my car.

i'm speeding through the late night traffic, swerving through cars and running red lights.

when i pull up to her house, i stick my gun in my waist band. me and jah run up to her door, opening it. not caring about anything. when i run in, i see marina and adryana, taking off their shoes, the must've just got home.

adryana looks at me. "what's wrong? where's ava?" she says, with a concerned look.

i immediately run upstairs, and i go in every room. no ava. i go into a room, and i knew it was hers based off the pictures of her and marina everywhere.

i look on her bed, and there's another note.

'too late'

i crinkle up the paper, and immediately punch the wall. "FUCK." i scream.

i run downstairs, marina and adryana staring at me.

"what is wrong billie? she texted us and said she got picked up by you." says adryana, looking more worried.

i was so angry. "she's not."

i proceed to quickly tell her about mario, keyvon, and the whole gang situation.

adryana covers her mouth, with tears flowing down her face. "k-keyvon? long dreads?" she whispers.

i nod. does she know him?

adryana starts instantly sobbing, and marina looks around frantically. "she's her ex. he tried to kill her. t-the scar." adryana says in between sobs, pointing to her left breast, referring to ava's scar.

everything around me stops, it felt like a dream. the whole time, the person ava was petrified of, was the one playing me. the one i was looking for, was right in front of me. he was the one who hurt ava. made her the way she was. beat her. caused her anxiety, her cutting.

my whole body was on fire, i was gonna fucking kill him. i didn't care where he was, whenever i found him, and i would find him, i will kill him. then and there.

i snap out my thoughts, from a buzz on my phone. it's from a unknown number.

unknown: 1 attachment.

it was a picture of ava, in my room. crying, with a gun to her temple. oh my god.

i immediately go over to adryana, and i grab her face, pulling it to mine.

"he will not hurt her." i say, lifting up my shirt, revealing my gun. "i promise you, i will kill him." i whisper.

her eyes widen as she sees my gun, her tears still flowing down her face.

i turn to go leave, and marina pulls my arm. "he's dangerous billie." she whispers, with concern on her face.

marina grabs adryana as she cries, holding her. i wasn't just doing this for ava, it was for them too. ava was everything to them.

i look at jah. "stay with them." i say. he nods immediately. he had a gun, so i knew he would protect them in case they came back.

i run out, and go back to my car. i speed my way back to the house.