chapter twenty four

ava's pov.

the next few days were the same, just as good. we would watch movies, sing all the songs from high school musical. who knew she was such a kid at heart? i applied to the dunkin, and i had a interview on the phone. i got the job right there. billie was still really skeptical about it, but i just kept trying to reassure her it was okay.

i started at dunkin today as my first day, and i was nervous. there's people i don't know there, and billie wouldn't be there. i didn't want to tell her i was nervous, because she'd just shut down the whole thing.

it was 11am and i was getting ready to head over there. since it was a training shift, it was only 11-4. i put on a white shirt, jeans, and my black crocs. i just put my hair in bun. they told me they were gonna give me a shirt and a hat when i got there so i just threw it on.

i look at myself in the mirror and sigh, i was so bloated.

i smelt the waffles downstairs that billie was making me before work and i was excited. i was starving.

i was collecting my phone and stuff ready when i see a snap from adry. it was a pick of her and marina.

i sighed. i missed them so much. it felt like ive been here forever, but it was only three weeks so far. i just wish they could be here with me.

i snap out my thoughts, and i head downstairs to all my food at the table.

billies sitting on the chair on her phone. i lean next to her and kiss her cheek, sitting down to eat. "goodmorning my love." i say, beginning to shove all the food down my throat.

"good morning beautiful. look at you, the little dunkin worker." she says, squeezing my boob.

i push her hand playfully. my boobs were so sore from my period coming. "ow! they're sensitive." i say.

she rolls her eyes, and looks back at me. "i'm dropping you off, i don't care how close it is. i don't know if anyone is watching so i'm taking you. and don't trust anyone there ava. you never know what the fuck they're-" she says, but i interrupt her.

"i don't know what they're intentions are, i know. but billie i will be fine." i say, reassuringly.

she sighs. "i just don't fucking trust a soul with you. you're just too trusting." she mumbles.

i roll my eyes, and look down at my phone at the time. it was 10:53. "let's go since you have to drive me." i say, standing up.

she gets up, and gets her keys. we go outside, and head to car.

i look over to her. "i'm a little nervous." i say, as she pulls off.

she laughs and shakes her head. "i know. i know you ava, in bed last night you were talking about what to say when you walked in." she says, putting her hand on my thigh. "you will be okay baby."

i was surprised how good she was being about it, she was usually more worried about me doing things then i was, but i think she could tell how nervous i was, so she refrained herself.

before i know it, she pulled up to the front of the dunkin. i take a deep breath, and she grabs my hand.

"relax baby. i'm right there if you need me. but remember what i said, don't tell anyone anything. except for the fact that you're my girl." she says with a wink.

my heart flutters when she says i'm her girl. we decided before to be no labels on nothing, but it felt so good to her. i give her quick kiss, and head inside.

the minute i get inside, a wave of nausea goes over me. it smelt like grease and coffee. i was so full.

i walk to the front, and i look behind me, to see billie driving off.