chapter nineteen

ava's pov.

thanksgiving a complete blur. my teeth were so sore. me, marina and adryana ate together, but i could barely eat. so i literally slept all of thanksgiving and the day after. i tried to watch movies and stuff, but honestly i just kept falling asleep. i'd only wake up to take more tylenol. last night, i took some more and hoped up i'd wake up today in less pain, considering i had to go get my hair done and i had plans with diana. to my luck, i woke up feeling good. i could actually eat.

my hair appointment was at 11am and i was supposed to go with diana at 4, and i just ate breakfast with my sister and marina.

"go get ready av. i'm not being late for my hair!" adry says, pushing me up the stairs.

"okay okay" i say laughing, heading towards the bathroom. i go and turn the shower on, and undress.

billie texted me the night after i got my braces, it was basic conversation. she was talking about finneas and stuff. i was kinda dry, because my mouth was hurting. she kept asking for pictures of my braces, but i told her after my hair was done. we didn't talk for the last two days because i've just been sleep non stop.

i hop into the shower and wash my body quickly, leaving my hair dry since i was getting it done.

i put on a grey nike sweatsuit and my air forces, and put on some light makeup. i grab my purse and phone, and run downstairs to see marina and adryana already in the car. i'm always so slow.

i get in the car, and we begin to drive to the salon. i go on my phone, and i go to my messages. i didn't answer billie for those two days, and i wanted to talk to her. i press on the messages and i type.

me: hi

i quickly send it. i was nervous to text her so i was dry. i don't even know why i was nervous. not even a 5 seconds, she replied.

Billie🖤: i thought u was boutta ghost me mama

my heart fluttered at the text. i loved when she called me that.

me: lol no, my teefs were hurting so i just slept😤 but guess what

i was gonna tell her i had a surprise for her too, the money. i wasn't gonna give it her until tomorrow, when she gave me whatever she was gonna give me. my phone then buzzed again.

Billie🖤: oh god what

i quickly type, since i was about to be at the salon.

me: i have something for you too, you get
it tomorrow. gtg gonna go make myself blonde again

i send it and we are parking at the salon. i quickly get out and walk inside, and i sit down at the waiting area while adryana checks us in.

i was looking out the window, thinking. i wanted to go with diana tonight, but i wanted to see billie really bad, i don't know why but i missed her in this moment. i didn't wanna ask billie to hang out tonight, because i don't know how she'd feel. but it didn't feel right seeing diana.

me: hey, im gonna have to cancel tonight . my teeth still feel like shit and i want to be good for my birthday tmr. reschedule soon💋

i quickly type and send it. i felt bad but i didn't want to lead her on necessarily. i didn't want a relationship, and i unfortunately was still in love with billie.

they call my sister up, and i just sit and wait. it's gonna be awhile.

   •

after 4 hours in the salon, we were finally home. my sister just refreshed her red, and i got my blonde back. we both got it straightened.