chapter twenty five

ava's pov.

i stare at the test in my hands, i was shaking non stop. i am fucking pregnant. with keyvons child. a million thoughts keep running through my head.

i take the test and put it back in the box, throwing it out. i wash my hands again, and look at myself in the mirror. i am carrying another human in me.

i walk back out, and kennedy is sitting there, on her phone, she looks up when she notices me.

"so.." kennedy trails off, with a look.

"i'm 3-4 weeks." i say, looking down, fighting tears.

she immediately pulls me in for a hug. we just met, but she seemed like she could be a good friend. "i'm sorry ava. is there anything i could do?" she says, pulling away.

i shake my head. "i don't even know what i'm gonna do. i never thought this would happen. i can't have a baby..not with under these circumstances. i need to take care of this." i say, sighing. i was okay out the outside, but inside i was screaming. "but i can't tell billie. i don't want her to leave me." i whisper.

she grabs my hand. "if you want to take care of this, your next shift we can go take care of it. i will bring you. i'll close early." she says.

i wanted to agree, but i couldn't leave. what if billie saw me? or someone else? but this is something i can't put off..i'll get bigger. billie will notice. "i want too..but billie. what if she shows up and i'm not here?" i say nervously. if she came and i wasn't here, she'd raise hell in this whole little town.

she sighs. "i will get you back before hand. if you we do it soon, you can just take the pills so you won't need the procedure." she says.

it was a good idea. i had to do it. i would just play it off like i just took a walk if she noticed i wasn't there, i'd get screamed at most likely, but i'd rather her yell then leave me over a baby.

i nod. "when's my next shifts?" i say.

she walks, gesturing me to follow. we walk over  to schedule and she reads.

"wednesday, thursday and saturday. all 11-6pm. so we can go wednesday quick. it's only sunday so you can have a few days to make sure it's what you want." she says, with a small smile.

i nod, looking at the schedule. i look at wednesday, and i notice the date. oh my god.

billies birthday.

i look down. "wednesdays billies birthday." i say quietly.

she puts her hands on my shoulders. "it's okay. she will not know. itll be over by the time you go home, and you can enjoy her birthday." she says.

i nod. "okay. thank you for helping me kennedy this means a lot. and please..dont mention anything i told you. billie is trying to keep me safe from things i can't explain, but just know it needs to stay between us." i say, giving her the 'i'm serious' look.

she nods. "i know. take my number." she grabs a receipt paper and writes it down, and sticks it in my pocket. "in case you ever need help." she whispers.

i give her a small smile, when i hear blaring music in front of the door. billie was here.

she was looking at me, and she started getting out the car. what was she doing?

she opens the door, and looks over at kennedy, emotionless. she then looks over to me and gives me a smile. "hi baby." she says.

i walk over and give a small smile. "hi my love, why are you here?" i say. i was nervous, i thought she heard something.