chapter twenty six

billies pov.

we pull up to the front of dunkin, and ava looks over to me with a small smile. "i love you so much billie." she whispers, pressing a kiss to my lips.

she seems so guilty. yeah, we say we love each other but this time shits different. like she's about to do something she regrets. but i have to act normal.

i give her a kiss back, then a smile. "i love you too baby." she smiles sadly, and walks inside.

i pull off and go into back of the parking lot next door, watching the door to see if they leave.

and within 5 minutes, they were walking out.

they head over to a small red nissan altima, and get in. quickly, they drive off.

i wait a second and let a car in front of me go behind them so ava doesn't recognize me. once the car goes, i go right behind it.

as i drive, every thought goes through my head. what the fuck is this girl doing? did i open up and protect this girl for nothing? i start thinking of my mom, and how i shut everyone out after she died. i had no intentions of letting anyone in but she had me all fucked up. i thought of manny, i haven't even been able to grieve at all. i talked to him every night, but ava doesn't know. she's sleeping when i do. i want to believe all of this worth something with ava, but she's being fucking secretive and acting out, like where the fuck would she be going? if she was to be cheating on me, i have no idea how i'd react.

about 10 minutes later, they suddenly turn into a big lots parking lot. i pull into the jersey mikes next door, and park where they couldn't see me, but i could see them.

ava was crying, a lot. she was shaking her head and yelling. did this bitch do something to her?

kennedy is rubbing her back, and i feel anger flow through my whole body. why the fuck is she trying to comfort her like this? she probably caused it. i still have no idea what the fuck their doing either.

ava continues to sob, and she opens the door and stands outside. she stands out there and holds onto the door, like she needs air. i begin to worry because of her anxiety, it's fucking bad.

kennedy gets out, and walks over to her. she hugs her, and ava just falls into her arm. the anger in body is flowing and getting worse and worse. why the fuck is this even happening? i knew something was off about this kennedy bitch. was she trying to get me out the picture? i wish she'd try. i'd kill her before she ever took ava from me. kennedy doesn't know me or how i work, but she'll learn pretty soon.

because i'm going over there.

***

ava's pov.

i watch billie pull off, and i look at kennedy. she gives me a small smile. "are you ready?"

i sigh, and nod. i was so on the fence suddenly, i didn't know what to do anymore. my heart and gut said no, but my head said yes. i had to listen it my head.

we walk outside and get into her car quickly, just in case billie wasn't inside the complex yet.   we quickly drive off, and head to the clinic.

during the drive, i keep debating on whether i wanted to do this. it didn't seem like a big deal until i'm here now doing it, and it's so scary. i know before i was saying i didn't want a baby, especially with keyvon. but it's a baby. an innocent baby. she or he wasn't keyvon, i wouldn't ever let them be like him. and billie? yeah i was scared. petrified actually. if she didn't leave me, then good. but if she did, i'd have to suck it up and get over it. i had another life to take care of.