chapter twenty eight

ava's pov.

tears filled in me eyes as billie told me, but tears of joy. he's actually dead. we can go home. after almost a month away from sister and marina, i can see them.

i stand up and immediately throw myself in billies arms. "i can see my sister." i whispered. i was beyond excited.

billie looks down at me, and kisses my head. "let's get our stuff." she says.

i immediately run upstairs, and grab all the random things she brought me and put them in  the bag. it wasn't a lot so it was easy. i then grabbed my charger and phone, and went downstairs.

billie was gathering up at her things and just shoving it in the bag. "quick as fuck damn." she says laughing.

i laugh. "i'm excited." i say. i then realize something. they don't know i'm pregnant.

my face immediately falls from the thought, what if adryana is upset? or disappointed? this pregnancy necessarily isn't my fault, but still.

billie notices my face, and furrows her eyebrows. "what?" she says.

i look down and sigh. "they don't know." i say quietly, looking at my feet.

she looks at me, then realizes what i'm saying. "relax baby girl. it'll be okay. adryana will understand." she says, trying to reassure me.

i sigh. i hope she understands.

i look down at my phone at the time, it was 6:30pm so we would be back hopefully by 8 or 9.

"you ready?" i say, with a smile. trying to distract myself from what we just talked about.

she smiles. "let's go home baby." she yells, laughing.

we walk outside to the car, packing our stuff in.

she smacks my ass, walking to the drivers seat and smirks. i laugh and get into the car.

as we drive off, i look at the complex one last time. the memories in that place were definitely unforgettable.

***

as we drove those two hours, i just kept talking about how i was gonna tell my sister. billie was definitely sick of me saying it by now, but she did not show it. she just continued to help me.

i soon look out my window, and i see my street. my heart drops as i pull in into my driveway. i can't believe we are already back.

billie looks over to me and smiles. "ava what the fuck you doing? go see them!" she laughs. "i'll get the bags."

i nod, with a small smile. i was nervous as all hell. i didn't know what to say to them to explain this.

i get out the car, and walk towards my door. when i reach the door, i take a deep breath and walk in.

marina and jah were laying together on the couch, watching a movie. adryana was beside them.

"hi." i say, with a shaky voice.

they all turn their heads, and adryana jumps up. "oh my god." she yells, i can see her starting to cry.

i run towards her and fall into her arms. she sobs extremely hard into my hair, when i feel another person join the hug. i knew it was marina, i smelt her hair products.

"i missed you so much." adryana says through sobs.

we all pull apart, and i hug marina again. "rina." i say, as i cry into her wet hair.