chapter twelve

ava's pov.

me and diana have been texting for 2 days. it's friday now, and she wanted to facetime. i was
scared, mainly because i'm awkward, also because i feel like billie is always watching. i found out diana lived in queens, which was about 45 minutes from us. which was good, because billie wouldn't expect me to ever be in the city, in case me and diana ever hung out.  me and billie have been texting but she had to go out and handle some business today with some new guy in the gang. i don't know, i don't ask questions when it comes to that.

i just got home and i sighed. i finished all my
weekend homework because i didn't have time tomorrow, i had plans with billie. i didn't know what we were doing, i never did, but it's whatever.

i sit on the couch next to marina, who's watching tik toks with adry. i text back diana, she wanted to facetime at like 5 when she got home. i jump when marina looks over my shoulder.

"who's that av? you've been like smiling at your phone all day." marina asks. "billie?"

i shake my head and bite my lip, laughing. "no, i met someone else."

adry jumps up. "whaaaaat?! who is he? where'd you meet him?"

i laugh. "she. and i may have went on tinder."  i said, looking down.

they squeal. marina jumps on me. "a girl? so you gonna stick to that route?" she says, smiling.

i laugh again. her and adry were smiling like crazy. "i don't know. i've always found girls attractive. i guess i like both." i say, shrugging.

adry claps and squeals again. "yessss! my sis is a bisexual women!" she laughs.

i laugh. "oh my god stop!"

marina is still on me smiling. "are you meeting up with her? she lives in new york?"

i nod. "in queens, and i don't know. we are facetiming in like an hour."

they continue to squeal and ask me a bunch of questions until like 4:50.

"so av, i know this is a sore subject but like.. do you still have feelings for billie or?" adry asks.

i sigh. of course i did. she was so important to me. i couldn't lose something like that over night. and i really didn't want to. but she did wanna do anything with me.

i shrug. "well yeah. but i can't stay stuck on it. we are friends, with different lives. it sucks."

marina leans her head on my shoulder. "did you tell her about this?"

i jump up. "hell no. are you nuts?" i laugh.

adry looks at marina wide eyed. "telling billie is not a good idea marina. it's not like she doesn't have feelings for ava, she's just too much for her i guess. and on top of that, she's crazy. she'd set it off wherever they were."

marina nods. "i don't know, but keeping it from her isnt good either. she'd be more mad if you lie. "

i shake my head and laugh. "i don't know even know what's going on yet! slow down." i look down and see a text from diana.

Diana💛: i'm bout to call you

i jump up. "she's bout to call."

they tell me to go, and i go to my room and i fix myself real quick until i see an incoming facetime coming from diana.

i answer, and i put my face out camera. her face was in it. her hair was in two braids, and she had a line up.

"hellooo miss ava." she says. billie calls me that.