chapter eighteen

ava's pov.

i wake up at 7:30am, and i sit up, and look at marina sleeping next to me. after dinner, when we got home i went straight to bed. my head hurting and my anxiety was high after seeing billie.

i grab my phone, and i see a notification on instagram. i click it and my eyes widen.

billieeilish commented: beautiful angel

she commented on my picture. she still thought i was beautiful. my heart was skipping as i stared at the comment. i click her profile and i scroll. the pictures of her and jay were gone.

did they break up? was it because of me? i shake my head. i'm thinking too far into it. i shouldn't comment back, part of me didn't want too. but the other part of me did, and i listened to that part.

i hit the like button and reply.

billieeilish: beautiful angel
     avadasilva: thank you💕💋

i smile at the reply. i can't help but think about last night and seeing her. i've waited so long to see her, and i did. and i pushed her away, i thought she didn't care about me. i thought she never thought about me.

i got up, and went into the shower. i washed my hair and quickly washed my body.

i go out out and i quickly walked into my room, and marina was up. i had to get ready for my appointment at 9am.

"rina look." i throw her my phone, showing her what billie says, while looking for clothes. 

she grabs my phone and gasps softly. "she really wants to talk to you huh?" she says, putting my phone down.

i shrug, and pick out a grey sweater and black leggings and my louis vuitton black rain boots. "i don't know." i whisper.

i start putting on my clothes and marina looks at me. "maybe you should give her a chance to talk ava, considering she really looked for you, she even sat by our house. " she says.

i finish getting dressed and sit at my vanity, starting to gel my hair up to a bun. "i don't know rina. i lowkey want too, but i don't want to bring that crazy part out of me again.

she lets it go, and i finish my hair and put on some light makeup. i check the time and it's 8:20 and the dentist is 35 minutes away. it's back in the city. i get up and i grab my purse and phone.

marina quickly puts on clothes. "wanna get dunkin after?" she says, walking downstairs with me.

i nod. "i should eat before it they get sore.

we head to the car, and marina begins to drive us to the dentist.

we sing all our spanish songs the whole way there. i was always happy that i ended up having a bestfriend who was dominican too.

when we pulled up, i started getting out when my phone buzzed. it was diana.

diana almonte: ik you doing something on your bday,  so let's go out the day before🙃

i smile at the text. diana was nice, and i kinda liked her. we hung out like once when i got out the hospital, but i was so drained and was constantly thinking of billie, so i ended up falling asleep after like an hour of us talking.

i think i should go, it would probably be fun. so i type a reply as i walk to the door.

me: ok. i'll call you later i'm going to get the train tracks 😬

i send it and walk in, check in, and sit down to wait with marina.

i was just looking around when i felt another buzz from my phone, i pick it up and my heart drops when i see.