Chapter 2

Dawood

A 2L student informed me that, Professor Carson, wanted to see me in his office. I closed my book and excused myself from my group and head to his office. The Professor told me he wanted me to take a 1L student as an assistant for my upcoming assignment. I didn't know the reason why he wanted me to mentor a student, but I couldn't deny him. He was one of the most respected Professors in our law school.

"She will be here in a moment," he said to me opening a folder in front of him.

A knock sounded at the door and a female voice echoed in the room, "May I come in, Professor?"

I turned and looked at the door and my mood got sour when I saw the girl from the pool party last month. She was wearing a simple white blouse over a sky blue pencil skirt and looking radiant as ever.

"Emma, we have been waiting for you," The professor invited her inside.

I saw her expression change the moment she noticed me but composed herself in time before the Professor could notice.

"This is Dawood Ordimez, he is a 3L. Ordimez, this is Emma Al Jahaan," the Professor gave a formal introduction.

Emma Al Jahaan?

I looked at the girl again, jade green eyes, black hair, full pink lips with a hint of Arabian touch in her features.

Holy shit, she was Taimur Al Jahaan's daughter, the King of Azmaayir. No wonder I couldn't recognize her, she was a lesser-known sibling than her half-brothers. It was strange how a Princess was living her life away from the limelight

"Hello," she gave a professional smile.

"Hi," I replied dryly.

After our last interaction, I didn't find it necessary to be cordial with her. She can go fuck herself for all I care.

"Emma, you will assist Ordimez, on his assignment. He prefers to work alone but it's your father's request you learn from the best," Professor Carson said.

Of course, her father was a King and could make such demands. I was sure he must have made huge donations to Harvard being one of the HLS Alumni.

"Dawood, I hope you will tutor her to the best of your abilities?"

"Of course, Professor," I gave Professor a curt nod.

I couldn't tell Professor that I was not interested a bit in tutoring Daddy's little Princess. I had an impeccable record and image in the law school and I didn't want to lose it because of such a hypocrite. Her audacity to not just reject me but to slap me was something I was not able to digest. She had enjoyed our kiss every bit and in the end, had blamed it all on me.

"You guys can leave," He dismissed us both.

We both were silent when we walked out of his office. I wanted to tell her she could go to hell, but Professor Carson wouldn't like it and he was one of my favorite, Professor.

"Meet me in the library after your classes," I instructed her and turned to leave without a glance.

I was busy studying trial proceedings when she entered the library and walked up to my table which was at the end of the library.

"Hello," it felt like she was trying hard not to lose her cool.

I nodded in reply and gestured for her to sit on the chair from across me. I started giving her details about my assignment and kept asking questions. She surprised me here with her thorough answers and her strong opinions. I couldn't help but notice that she was a quick learner. I was trying hard to concentrate on the work before us and not divert my mind on anything else other than that but it was proving difficult.