Chapter 26

Dawood 

I followed Dad to his bedroom, Natasha was not there which meant she must be surely busy gossiping with the other women of our family. With the wedding celebration last night. I was sure they had many topics to gossip about.  Dad asked me for a private word only when he was bothered about something related to me. In this case, I just hope that it was not about my wife. 

"Taimur informed me about your inappropriate behavior towards Emma," he said after discussing an ongoing trial. 

If Taimur Al Jahaan discussed the morning incident with Dad it meant he didn't buy the story that I was trying to sell him. I shouldn't be surprised that he saw through me.  He surely came across countless men who tried to mislead him in his lifetime.  Taimur Al Jahaan was not a King for nothing. He had seen right through my facade but I couldn't understand why he didn't call me on my bluff?

  Now, Dad was questioning me about my behavior. If I backed off or changed my stance it won't take Dad a second to figure out the truth. 

"Did he not mention his daughter's designs regarding this marriage?" 

"Cut the crap, Dawood. I am aware of all the tricks you have up your sleeves. This is my first and last warning to you, Emma, is a part of our family now and I won't tolerate any disrespect towards her," Dad glared at me. 

 I should have known Dad would never allow me to hurt or humiliate her in any way. 

"What happens behind closed doors between my wife and me is not anyone else's business," I stated in a firm voice. 

   She was his friend's daughter and I don't know what spell she had cast on my father that he found every wrong in me and not in her. I hated her more than I hated anyone else.  She was poisoning my bond with my father which was the only thing that I cared about in this damn world. 

"It's my business if it involves my word and reputation. You will treat her as an honorable wife needs to be treated and I expect not to hear a word on this topic from Emma, do you understand?" 

If there was anyone else in my father's place I would have told them to fuck off, but I couldn't say anything to Dad. I couldn't disappoint him, not after what happened. I knew I was the only source of happiness for him and I always made sure to make him proud and I still would have if not for the spoiled Princess. 

"Dad, you can't dictate my life, she is my wife. Let me handle my marriage my way," I replied in a strained voice, trying to keep my anger in check. 

"Dawood, I don't want you to regret it later. You don't realize it now but your actions will catch up to you in the future and once your conscience will declare you guilty there won't be any escape route," Dad's tone turned gentle, he understood me better than anyone. 

 Dad knew my demons and he always helped me to fight them. I knew it was not easy for him to force me into this marriage but my recklessness forced his hand. If I had better restraint on myself, where she was concerned, I wouldn't have been in this marriage. I failed to understand what it was about her that I just couldn't stop myself. She always left me craving for more and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop thinking about her. Never in my life, had I ever felt this fierce urge to claim another girl for myself. 

"Don't ruin your shot at happiness, Dawood. You will be left with nothing but regret," Dad squeezed my shoulder. 

"Why do you think I will regret it?" I couldn't help asking. 

"I know you better than you know yourself, Dawood.  You are lost at the moment but I am sure you will find the right way in life, and then your past will catch up with you," Dad was regarding me intently. 

Dad knew me better than anyone else and it wouldn't have taken him much time to understand my motive behind this marriage. If only he could have listened to me and not threatened to disown me, none of us would have been in this situation. The bitchy Princess would have married her Arabian lover boy and I would have been free to live my life as I desired. 

Why I don't know but the thought of her with anyone else didn't settle well with me. I loathed her, still, I didn't want to imagine her with any other guy. She had fucked up my mind completely and I couldn't allow her to affect me in this way. 

"What do you expect me to do? Playhouse with her? Or dream of a happily ever after with her, when you know there is nothing like that," I said in an accusing tone. 

"Dawood, when are you going to get it in your thick skull, not all marriages end in the same way," Dad's voice held a hint of weariness. 

"Please leave this discussion, Dad, an argument is the last thing that I want with you," I drawled. 

"Then assure me you will treat her in the right way," he was still persistent. 

"Dad," I was tired of this discussion already but Dad didn't look in a mood to let me off the hook easily. 

"Don't disappoint me, Dawood, more than you already have," his gaze was fixed on my face. 

I should have stormed out of the room not caring about what he said or did but I couldn't hurt him. I couldn't even imagine hurting him ever in my life. He was my everything and I could walk through fire for him. If Dad didn't want me to hurt her then I would not hurt her even though every cell and fiber of my body wanted nothing but to hurt and humiliate her. 

"Okay, I will try to be civil with her, that's all I can promise," I said to Dad. 

"I knew you would never say no to me," he smiled in delight after accomplishing his goal. 

Dad and I discussed the reception which was the day after tomorrow and the guest lists, he told me he was planning for a reception in the US as well for those who won't be able to come to Turkey. I was aware he wouldn't listen to my reasoning if he already decided to host a reception. I might just let him go ahead with it because my protest was not going to change anything. 

Never in my life had I thought I won't have a say in my marriage or the celebrations. Hell, I was not even allowed to treat my wife the way I wanted to. The irony was that I couldn't even live my life on my terms, I was forced into an unwanted marriage and was expected to accept it and raise a white flag to my wife. 

When I stepped into the bedroom I found her sleeping on the couch and for a moment I wanted to wake her up and make her pay for all the shit I was going through because of this marriage then I remembered the promise I made to Dad. 

Fucking hell. 

I punched the wall so hard that my knuckles hurt like a bitch and turned red. In my rage, I forgot that I was not even wearing gloves. I changed into my training clothes and headed to the gym to blow out some steam. Thankfully it was deserted, the army of my cousins was not anywhere around. I wore my gloves and directed my anger on the punching bag, soon my clothes were soaked in my sweat and still, the inferno of rage burning inside me didn't calm. 

Should I just fuck my rage away? She was my wife anyway, and I had a right to her body and I don't think Dad or her father would object to me consummating the marriage. I stopped punching the bag and discarded my gloves and left the gym. 

After a long and cold shower, my senses calmed a little but not enough to make me stop taking my wife's virginity. She was still fast asleep on the couch, how convenient it was for her to sleep peacefully after ruining my fucking life. 

I sauntered to her in determination and knelt beside the edge of the couch she was sleeping on and patted her cheeks. 

"Wake up Princess, it's time we consummate our marriage."

The target for the next update is 90 likes and 40 comments.

Please dont forget to like, comment, share, and leave a review. Follow me for the latest updates on my books.

Instagram: alizajabri02
Facebook: Aliza Jabri Books
Inkitt: Aliza Jabri
Wattpadd: Aliza Jabri.