Chapter 14 - The Mourning After

Annabeth's POV💖

I wake up to my alarm at 8:00 am and sit up rubbing my eyes. I stretch lazily and then remember that Ryder was here, I quickly turn and look at the empty spot on my bed and realize he's not there anymore. I quickly jump out of bed and check the bathroom and the entire house before I accept the fact that he had left. I come back and look at my bedside table to see if he had left a note but there was nothing. I feel a ball of disappointment building in the pit of my stomach. He wouldn't have just left, would he? I quickly check my phone to see if he had maybe put his number in there or left me a note in there but apart from three messages, one from Dylan and two from Amelie there was nothing.  I carefully avoid opening Dylan's message, I don't really want to talk to him and I don't know what to say to him, in some ways I felt guilty that I spent so much time with Ryder, especially after Dylan and his friends stood up for me against him. I read Amelie's texts and respond.

Amelie[text]: Hey babe, call me when you wake up.. omg I had the best night ever...not that "that" happened but I need to tell you everything, how did it go with the bad boy, he is so crushing on you...I totally ship you both. 😜

Amelie[text]: Oh before I forget, I called Dylan and told him we got a ride back last night. Didn't tell him who with, so you owe me one...just in case you like Dylan over Ryder.. although after seeing you both together last night, I don't think that's possible. Dylan said hell call you today so just remember this story.

Annabeth[text]: Thanks babes, ill call you in a bit, just woke up. I need to know everything that happened to you  😜

I throw the phone on my bed and bury my head in my hands. Although I pretended like everything was ok with me it was far from the truth. In reality, I feel like shit and it had nothing to do with the hangover that I had currently, more with the fact that he just left without leaving me a note. I swear the boy was bipolar, one minute he was up all over me, and the next he was awol. I wrap my arms around myself and inhale his scent from his hoodie that I was still wearing, a million thoughts running through my head. 'What if he didn't like me? What if he went off someplace else to get laid? What if I was too clingy?... What if this fucking pink room scared him away...."Aaaaah'' I scream out loud and fling one of the furry pink pillows off the bed to the floor. 

"Annabeth is that you, are you home?" I hear Mum's voice from downstairs and I cup my mouth with my palms. What the hell was she doing here,  she was supposed to be home only by 10 in the morning.

"Hey, mum I'm home ill be right down'' I yell from the room and I jump up tugging off the hoodie and stashing it in the closet. I grab a plain white T-shirt and shove it on and run downstairs. 

I see mum sitting at the table working on her laptop. She looks at me and her nose wrinkles in disgust " Oh my god look at you, you look nasty cant you at least make an effort, what if we had guests?"

I roll my eyes without mum seeing. Like we would have guests at 8:00 in the morning. But I don't say anything and just look down at my feet "Sorry mum, I just had a long night" 

Mum looked back at her laptop "Yes,  me too" and then as if she just remembered she turned to look at me excitement flickering in her eyes"Oooh how is that boy Ryan, was it"

I shake my head, trust her to only want to know about the boy "No mum, it's Dylan and he was really sweet, we talked a lot, and nothing happened between us he was a gentleman'' 

Mum looked a little disappointed "Well if you don't take care of yourself nothing will happen, when are you going on a date with him?'' she looked expectantly at me. I just shrug my shoulders "I don't know yet, umm he's messaged but I haven't looked at it yet "Mum raises her perfect eyebrows questioningly and I just quickly lie " umm...umm I am just giving it some time before I reply as you've taught me.. . I don't want to appear needy right"