Chapter 32 - The Aftermath

Annabeth POV 💖

I felt powerful and empowered after that kiss, I guess it was because I had finally done something I wanted to do without thinking about the consequences. I know this might be the strangest show of empowerment but I truly felt proud that I did something without thinking about all the if's and but's and what if's, or even about how my mum would react. At this point, I didn't care and I felt good. Speaking of consequences there were a few and when I went to class after I could feel all the girls glaring at me and making snide comments, some of them were whispering but some were just saying it out loud so that I could hear it.

They were ranging from "What does he see in her?" to "She's such a slut". As I get closer to class I encounter Claire who put her foot out and tried to trip me up as I walk past her but thankfully Amelie catches me before I fell. "Oops," she smiles snarkily, "I thought you would be good at balancing yourself, considering how you've been balancing both those boys". I just ignore her and drag Amelie who was yelling at her off to class. By the time lunch rolled by I could feel the attention go off me for a bit or maybe I just got used to it.

Right now Amelie, Bryan, and I were sitting in the cafeteria, having lunch. Bryan wouldn't stop laughing about Ryder's expression and Amelie was still wishing that I had punched him.

"I can't believe you did that, it was epic...did you see his face, I can't believe it still" she rests her head on Bryan's shoulder and he drops a kiss on her head.

"Yea Anna, what happened to you? I just never expected you to do that of all things" he smiles at me "So what's going to happen now, what's going on in that little head of yours?''

I just shrug as I eat my fries " Nothing, I am done chasing after him, it just felt good to give him a taste of how it feels when he goes hot and cold with me all the time" I put some more ketchup on my fries while continuing "but I'm genuinely done with pining after him..." I look at Bryan " I mean dont get me wrong, I still like him but no guy is worth putting up with considering how he can't even make up his mind about me, one minute he wants me, next minute we're friends"

Bryan nods his head in an understanding manner "Yea, but look here you do know that Ryder really likes you right" he grimaces when Amelie hits him on the head and scowls at her "Hey cmon he's still my best friend and I know him really well, he was just trying to keep you safe, but I do agree that he should have just made up his mind with you instead of all the back and forth, I really wanna know what's going through his head now, but I haven't seen him or Colton since, so I really dont know"

We get interrupted by Dylan who comes over and stands over us his hands clenched " What the fuck was that Anna, are you messing around with Ryder, is that where you've been going every day?" he looks at me disgusted " I am just grossed out by your taste, it's disgusting, pretending that you can't stand him and now your one of his hook up's. You do know that he's just using you..."

I look up still chewing on my fries "I don't really care what you think Dylan, I felt like kissing Ryder so I did, now I feel like eating fries so I am eating them, I am not with Ryder if that's what you're asking. Plus let me make it clear, you were really mean to me earlier and I should have said something back then but yea ... let me tell you now, I thought we were friends, but you obviously just want me as arm candy so, yea to make it crystal it clear, I am not going to date you or anyone for that matter, and what I do is not any of your business"

Dylan opens his mouth to interrupt me and I throw a piece of my fries in his mouth, his face morphs in shock and he spits it out to the side "Dont waste food Dylan" I glare at him "You can go tell my mum, or your mum or anybody's mum if you want. I...dont....care" I turn around to see Amelie covering up a laugh with her hand.