Chapter 52 - The Low

Ryder POV🦁

My head was pounding, and I couldn't think straight. I was back at my place right now, and honestly, I couldn't breathe.

When the guy with Patrick said what he said about James being the reason why my mom was not alive, I just switched off.. and I vaguely remember walking out and jumping into the car.

All I could hear at that point was loud ringing in my head. I don't know when Colton got into the car with me. I don't know how I drove home. I was having an out-of-body experience....nothing was functioning in my head....

I think Colton was saying stuff, but all I could hear was a loud ringing in my head, and I felt numb all over.

I don't know how I got home when I got home...I couldn't feel anything... Shouldn't I feel something? I was sitting on my couch right now... motionless....emotionless.....I feel cold all over, but my head was burning up....

I wanted to kill someone, destroy something... anything, but I could not process all the different thoughts racing through my mind. Was I going fucking mad? Is this how it ends with me going insane?

Someone's challenged the one truth I've known all my life .. the one truth that made me hate my father the most...made me not regret taking his life. The one truth that made me want to be better than him... Today, someone has challenged that one singular truth that was the basis of my life... that moulded me... that made me who I am today... I couldn't think...

"RYDER ...WTF...TALK TO ME...SAY SOMETHING," I hear shouting, and I can see Bryan standing a little far from me, almost as if he was scared to come closer... he looked worried.

I could hear him go off at Colton. " Wtf man, I told you not to do this.... not to drag him into this life. We all agreed that we were going to leave this life of crime behind and move on.. why would you go and set up this fucked up meeting that too behind my back... we are supposed to stick together no matter what..."

I see Colton look at his outburst impassively and he drawls in a neutral tone as always

"The reason I did this Bryan is because this is the only life that I know.. the only life that he knows. No matter how much you pretend that you are one of us Bryan in some ways you are not... The reason why I never told you is that you wouldn't understand, I mean not all of us have mummy and daddy's trust fund left for us as an inheritance"

From the corner of my eye I see Bryan run up to Colton and throw a punch to his face, but Colton ducks and pushes him to the ground. Bryan jumps up and they get into a fight. I could see it from the corner of my eye but I still could not process it enough to intervene.

Both my best friends were trying to kill each other and I still felt nothing. We have always had disagreements and arguments in the past which have more times than not resulted in fist fights, but this time was different, I felt that in the way they were fighting, but I still didn't feel anything in me wanting to try and stop it or intervene...I couldn't feel anything....

I stand up still in a daze and I walk past them out the door. The one thought that was ringing through my head was ''I need to feel something, anything...'' it was playing in a loop in my head

I hear Bryan call out from behind me ''Where are you going ?'' Talk to us for god's sake.''

I ignore them and walk out and jump into the car, but before I can take off, I hear the doors opening as Bryan and Colton barely make it into the car before I take off the tyres screeching

''Ryder'' I hear Colton speak next to me.''We don't know if it's true. It just might be something that they are saying to get a reaction from you... just to get you to join their side.''