Chapter 35 - Revelations

Ryder's POV 🐯

Bringing her to watch me train was not a very well thought out plan. Right now I had her sitting on a chair watching me box with her long legs tucked in crossed style. She keeps staring at me intently as I train and I can see her eyes wandering down my muscles as she shamelessly checks me out. 

Brian and Colton were in the office sussing out the details for my next fight, they were both like my managers although we had never formally agreed on anything , but ever since I started fighting they automatically took care of everything else and we continued on, there were times when people had approached me to sign them on as managers, but I couldn't trust anyone like I did Bryan and Colton and they were happy managing the other side of stuff. I look back at Anna to see her biting her lip while she looked at me. 

Although I loved the fact that she was here, I was painfully aware of the fact that there were a bunch of other guys who were shirtless and boxing around us. I couldn't stop myself from looking over to make sure that they were not checking her out and that she wasn't drooling over them. I was quite confident of my looks and physique but this was the first time I had a steady girlfriend and I wasn't really sure how to deal with all the feelings of possessiveness and jealousy that keep running through me. These feelings were definitely alien to me because in the past I really didn't care what the girls that I slept with did or who they did it with. 

But right now with Anna I definitely wouldn't be comfortable to see her looking at other guys so I kept sneaking looks at her every few minutes and so far she seemed to only have eyes for me.  I throw a couple of more hooks and then steady the punching bag and walk over to her unwrapping the bandages on my hands. I was definitely too distracted with her here and I might as well give up on trying to train. She throws me a towel as I walk up to her and I wipe the sweat off my chest and shoulders, smirking as she stares at me. 

She stands up smiling at me when I am done and she hugs me. I raise my hands and try to step away from her. "Princess I am sweating like a pig, you might not want to do that" She smiles up at me "You smell fine, I like it" I smile and wrap my arms around her and look up to see one of the other fighters smirking at me. God, they were all looking at me like I had grown weak. I glare back at him which makes him quickly look away and I slowly pull her off me and smile at her.  

She bites her lip excitedly "Will you teach me how to fight, pleeeease?" 

I look at her innocent face and think if I should, I mean considering how she was dating me now, it made sense for her to know some basic self-defense, although as long as I was alive I would make sure she never ever has to resort to it. I nod my head towards the mat "Yep, come on the mat, ill teach you some self-defense" Right now I would take any excuse to touch her even if it is in the pretense of teaching her some self-defense moves. 

We make our way to the mat and she stands there hands on her hips facing me. I look at her dress questioningly "Umm is it a good idea with what you're wearing? The last thing I want is for anyone else to see your panties before I get to see them" I smirk at her. 

She blushes lightly and pulls her hair into a ponytail with a scrunchie" I have tights on underneath so it's fine" 

I smile at her and drawl out "Alright, self-defense 101" I walk closer to her and grab her by the waist and pull her body close to mine fully flush to the point that I could feel every curve and the heat of her body. I whisper to her my mouth inches away from hers "Imagine I am an intruder and I break into your house and I grab you like this" I slowly lower both my hands down to her ass and I grab her and pull her into my crotch my hands squeezing lightly as I stare at her my eyes filled with lust. "What would you do princess?"

She stares at me her lips parted "I would ... umm well. If you were the intruder I would probably do this" She grinds her hips into me and I groan softly, I could feel her heat enveloping my crotch and I was losing control. She continues on ''And then probably this" She cups my face and leans in and I let her wanting nothing more than those lips when she suddenly brings her knee up and kicks me in the shin. I am taken by surprise and I stumble back "What the fuck?" She smiles at me proudly "Isn't that good?" I shake my head " At no point will you be using seduction if a guy grabs you, I won't have it " I rub my shin grumpily when I hear a voice 

"Ryder's getting beaten up by his girlfriend, what has the world come to" The hair on my neck rises as I recognize it's James and I turn around and stand in front of Anna as I face him.

I watch as James crosses his arms and smiles at me although his smile does not reach his eyes. He is flanked by two of his men on either of his side. They were all dressed in suits and I knew that they were carrying.  I've known James since I was a kid and right now although he was in his late 30's he still looked exactly the same as he was back then, lean, muscular, tall with an unsmiling face. He ran one of the biggest gangs and they made money through smuggling guns and selling drugs. I used to be really close with him and he's made me a part of a few shady deals but lately, I have been trying to break free and focus on the fighting and a few one-off takedowns. 

I crack my neck and smile at James "Yea, better getting hit by a girl than beating her up until she fucks off right James" I smile the poison evident in my voice. James's eyes glitter with rage ''I thought that was a closed chapter Ryder, you really don't want to be digging up old shit"

I stalk closer to James " Yea I thought that was a closed chapter as well, but apparently not since your holding a fucking grudge"

James stares at me for a few seconds angrily and then he breaks into a laugh and pats me on my shoulder "No, no way would I hold a grudge against one of my best fighters, not to say best friends" he looks over my shoulder at Anna "I've just come to say hi to the absolutely gorgeous Anna, how are you doll? Is he treating you right? How's your mum Mary? She doing well?" 

I turn around to look at Anna who by now had walked up to me and was holding on to my arm while ignoring him. I could see the fear in her eyes although she was trying to cover it up.

'Stop fucking with her James'' I grit out 

James has a look of mock concern on his face and he slaps his hand against his chest. "What...no...why would I do that, we are practically family Ryder" He looks back at Anna again "In fact Anna, we are so close that If he fucks up or messes with you, I want you to come straight to me, I'll set him right" 

I push Anna behind me some more and I glare at James "Stay away from her James, she's off-limits" I clench my fists 

James looks at me in surprise "What...your girlfriend is off limits... yet my fiancé wasn't off-limits for you... have you told Anna about how you took my Lilah away from me ... or what about Giselle, my sister, she wasn't off-limits for you as well...was she now?" 

He looks back at Anna's face and smiles deviously "I see, you haven't told her, how you interfered in my personal business and stole my fiancé away after you got her pregnant? Oh well, I guess there is a lot for you both to discuss" He smiles again anger in his eyes "Don't forget you still fight for me Ryder, especially now that I know where your girlfriend lives" He turns and stalks away leaving me there rage bubbling through me.