Chapter 27 - Are we together?

Ryder's POV🐯

It's been five days since the night that I was badly injured and I was feeling much better health-wise but annoyed at the same time at being cooped up in Colton's place. Annabeth had been coming in after school every day with Colton and Bryan and I have to admit that the few hours that she popped by every day was turning out to be the best part of my day. 

After I had gained consciousness that night and seen her crying, it had been awkward and we just avoided the whole conversation around what we meant to each other. I just liked her coming in every day to see me and I stopped myself from thinking further into it. She would spend a few hours with all three of us and have dinner with us before Colton would drop her off home. She never mentioned or asked any questions about what happened or why I was injured that night, and I was grateful for that. Most of the nights all of us would just watch a movie and binge on junk food and she would dress my wounds for me. We never made eye contact during the whole time she would dress my wounds, and she would pretty much avoid touching me as much as possible which I knew was for the best. 

Either Coach or Cyrstal would come over to check up on me every two days since they couldn't leave Lilah home alone, and whenever they were here and Annabeth was around they would treat her like they had known her for years. I was quite surprised at how easily she had become a part of the people I knew as family and friends but I was still wary about the consequences of involving her in my life. 

 I was ready to go back to school the next day and I was looking forward to getting out and about. Coach had also told me that I could start light training from the week after and that was calming me down as well. Right now I was just propped up on the couch without a shirt watching television waiting for the douches to come. I hear the sound of car doors shutting and the sound of Colton saying something and Anna laughing out loud at it. Fuck knows what he was making her laugh about, it was annoying that all of a sudden they were best friends. 

I roll my eyes a little jealous of their closeness and continue to look at the television acting all nonchalantly waiting for them to walk in.

"Hey Ryder, we got us some Thai for dinner" Colton's sound boomed through the room. I sit up and stretch slowly looking for Annabeth. Colton raises his eyebrows "I am assuming it's not me you want to see or Bryan, who by the way is with Amelie for tonight..." He walks over and flops himself onto a chair facing me.

I roll my eyes " Whatever Colton'' Colton shakes his head "I swear one day I am going to lock you both up in the room and leave until you guys sort your shit out, I can't take another day of the smoldering looks and the pent up sexual frustration that you guys exude in this room" 

"Whos frustrated?" 

I hear her perky little angelic voice and I look at her. She was wearing denim shorts and a sequined white tank top which accentuated her breasts and made her legs look long just right to wrap around my waist while I... I clear my throat ridding myself of the dirty thoughts, lately, they were just constant. I see Colton give me a sly look and I look at her walking in setting a bag on the table. 

"Colton wants us to have sex" I blurt out and then smirk seeing her drop her phone and then pick it up a light blush on her cheeks " Wha.. why ...Colton, did you say that?" she walks up to him, hands on her hips. Colton just mutters something inaudible and gets up "I am going to take a shower and then we'll have dinner" he stalks off. 

Anna turns her gaze back at me "So.." she smiles softly "How are you feeling now?"

 This was the first time that we were alone since the night of my beat-up because normally we would have someone else here, either Bryan, Colton, Coach, or Crystal. I could sense her feeling awkward and uncomfortable.