Chapter 43 - He's a Fighter

Annabeth's POV :)

''You guys are staying together now'' I cover Amelie's mouth as some of the girls in the washroom turn to look at us as she screams out.

''Amelie'' I hiss out at her  ''I don't want the entire school to find out about this'' I remove my hand from her mouth. Right now we were in the girl's washroom in the school and I had just put on jeans and a top that Amelie had brought for me. I had called Amelie early in the morning and asked her to bring some clothes for me to school. I didn't tell her everything that had happened between me and my mum especially not about the slap. I just told her that we had a huge fight and that I had to come to stay at Ryder's for some time. 

''Sorry sorry'' she whispers smiling''So did anything happen between you guys? Like now that your sleeping on the same bed and all'' she wriggles her eyebrows mischievously.

''No, nothing at all'' I take my mascara out of my bag and start applying it smiling while I think about the morning we had together

''We just slept and we snuggled and when I woke up in the morning he had breakfast and coffee ready for me and then he brought me to school'' 

I can't stop smiling as I put the mascara back into my bag. Ryder was really sweet to me and it was amazing being woken up by his kisses to breakfast and coffee in bed. Getting ready and leaving for school together felt really natural like we had been living together for years now. One of the things that I really loved about being with Ryder was the fact that I felt normal like I could be natural and myself around him. I looked an absolute mess as I left with him today morning considering how I didn't have any new clothes or my hairdryer or straightener, but he still looked at me like I was the most beautiful girl in the whole world. 

I look at Amelie who was giving me a knowing look as I blushed. She smiles at me ''Aw that sounds so dreamy, but on a separate note, how are you dealing with your mum?''

I just look at her and force a smile ''I am yet to talk to her, but I will be calling my dad today to talk to him and see what he says''  

Amelie leans in and hugs me rubbing my back comfortingly. ''Look, she is your mum no matter what and I am sure Dylan would have said a lot of crap to her, so give her some time and she will come around.'' She leans back out of the hug and looks at me 

'' Listen why don't you come and stay with me tonight. I'll invite Jane over and we can have a girl's night in ?'' 

I smile at her gratefully ''Yea I would love that, umm..also I was wondering if I could stay a few days there with you if your mum is ok with it '' 

Amelie's eyebrows furrow ''What, why? I mean yes yes, mum loves you and you can stay for however long, it's just that I don't know how Ryder will take it..'' She stops and looks at me questioningly ''Is everything ok Anna? Has he done something?''

''No...'' I look at her unsurely as we start walking out to class ''It's just that it's so new and I don't want to mess things up between us by taking it so fast, you know ... I mean you have to take time to build relationships and all yea.. not that I have done this before but...I'm assuming? '' I bite my lip nervously.

Amelie stops and stares at me ''Whaaa...You sound like Jane now, there is no handbook which specifies times for relationships. It's all about how you feel here'' She puts her hand on my chest ''Just listen to your heart babe and follow it, that's all''

''Take your hands off my girlfriend's boobs'' I turn around to see Ryder playfully swat Amelie's hand off and her flipping him off before she walks off but not before yelling ''Too bad I'm getting more action than you, Ryder. I'll see you tonight babe'' 

I look at Ryder whose face is now in playful shock ''What... I want more action, give me more action'' He pulls me to him and starts kissing and tickling me which makes me laugh. Ryder pulls me to his side and we start walking to class. ''What was she talking about seeing you tonight? She coming over?'' 

We stop as we get to my class ''No, she wanted to do a girl's night in so I thought I'll go over and stay the night with her and Jane'' I look at him as his face falls ''No...?'' I look at him questioningly. 

Ryder pouts and scratches his head ''Na, if you really want to go, you can go... it's just that I was hoping we could go shopping and buy you some clothes and then go over to coaches for dinner, both he and Crystal have been on my case, so I kinda said Ill take you over there, and then after I was thinking we could go home and cuddle and sleep?'' He looks at the ground unsurely ''I mean I should have checked with you before accepting the coach's invitation plus with all this drama going on I would rather have you with me... but if you want to go...'' 

I pull his head down and kiss him lightly on his lips ''Na, I'll reschedule to another day, I wanna spend time with you as well, I mean I don't know how long we get to enjoy this. I'll probably have to go home sooner or later...''

I watch as Ryder's face changes to an annoyed look ''Look, you're not going back there and that's final'' 

I sigh deciding to leave the topic for later. I kiss his lips softly and then walk into class but not before I hear him whisper ''I'll miss you, princess'' 

Ten minutes later I am still listening to the teacher droning on about god knows what, but my mind is full of Ryder and how amazing he is. I really want to take our relationship to the next level, I want to give him all of me, but I don't know if I should wait or jump him tonight. Either way, I look completely goofy when I see Bryan run into class. He ignores everyone including the teacher and his eyes wander through the classroom until we make eye contact. 

''Anna'' he shouts out ''You need to come, it's Ryder and Dylan... ''

That's all I needed to hear and I jump up and rush out with Dylan, my heart in my mouth. I hear my teacher scream out detention, but right now all I cared was about Ryder. ''What happened?'' I ask Bryan as we are running. Bryan just shakes his head as he pants while running with me ''This way'' He points outside the school and then continues while he runs alongside me ''He's lost it, he's beating him up and he won't listen to us''

I run to the ground outside school worried about what could have happened. I didn't want him, Colton, or Bryan to get into trouble because of me, and I felt super guilty because I knew Ryder was beating Dylan up because of what he had told my mum.  I see a crowd gathered as I run closer and I and push past everyone to come face to face with Ryder, his face bloody and bruised beating Dylan on his face as he lay on the ground. Dylan was motionless and for a second my heart stops, what if he was dead. I run over to Ryder screaming  ''Stop'' I scream my eyes filling with tears. His eyes were emotionless and he looks up at me and he stands up and staggers back from Dylan. 

I watch his eyes widen in shock as I rush to Dylan and kneel down by his side checking his pulse. Dylan's eyes flutter open just as I see his friends make their way over to him to pick him up and take him to the nurses. Relieved that he was alive I am just about to stand up when Dylan grabs my arm and pulls me down and whispers in my ear 

''He's a fucking psycho. Is this what you want? Whatever I've done I've only done it to protect you from him'' he whispers. 

I push his hand down gently and watch as his friends pick him up and carry him. I turn around to see Ryder look at me pissed 

'' What the fuck, you're here for him right, fuck off with him'' he pushes Colton off who was trying to hold him off and he stalks off. My eyes fill with tears and I turn around and look at the crowd staring at me, I swear I can hear some giggles as well. I turn around to look back at Ryder only to see him stop in his tracks. 

My eyes widen as he stalks back to me ''What the fuck, your mine, even if you don't think that'' He grabs me by the arm and pulls me to him and picks me up by the waist dangling me over his shoulder, and stomps off. I scream at him to drop him down but he ignores me and walks to his car.  

As I sway hanging upside down I cant help but think about what I've gotten myself into.