Chapter 53 - The Plot Thickens

Ryder's POV🦁

I woke up in the morning holding her in my arms; it was the best sleep I have ever had. I normally struggle with sleep, and especially after last night's drama, I would have never been able to be so rested in the morning unless I had gotten into a fight that literally knocked me out. 

I turned on the bed to watch as she slept peacefully, all tucked in my arms, her eyelids fluttering as she hopefully dreamed of me.

She was my drug now. She was what got me through last night, and she was all mine now. I couldn't describe the emotion that was running through me. This was my future, right here, I couldn't imagine what waking up to her every morning would feel like, but I was certain that's what I wanted...

I leaned down and kissed her softly on her nose, smiling as she scrunched her nose and pushed her face into my chest. 

I lean over and pick up my phone to see a few missed calls from Bryan and Colton. I checked my messages and saw one from Colton saying that we needed to talk. Back to reality, then.

I frowned and slowly disentangled myself from her before I rolled out of bed.

I slowly pulled the covers over her and kissed her on her head before I  made my way downstairs to make coffee for us.  As I finished making it, I heard a sound behind me, and I turned around to see her in just my shirt, her hair all tousled, and an annoyed look on her face. 

''Why'd you leave me in the morning, gave me a heart attack,'' she mumbles sleepily before she walks into my arms for a cuddle. 

''I would never leave you, princess.'' I smile as I kiss her deeply before handing her coffee. She blushes lightly as she sips it.''So last night was....'' 

''Amazing'' I cut her off, smiling as her blush deepens.  Concern hits me immediately.

''Are you hurting down there?'' She nods her head.''Yeah, it's a bit sore, but that's probably because of your unnatural size.'' she smiles grumpily

''Is that so ?'' I kiss her a few times before murmering.''No round two then.'' 

''I definitely can't do a round 2 or 3 right now. Are you trying to kill me ?'' she smiles into my chest as she hugs me again. 

I smile as she leans in to kiss me again, but my buzzing phone interrupts us. I answer it, and I hear Colton's tired voice

'Hey, we need to talk.''

My smile gets wiped off my face at the way he said that. He knew something ''Meet at mine ?''

He grunts before he hangs up. I look down at Anna, who's still looking at me with concern on her face. 

I smile at her ''I've called in sick for you at school, why don't you take a quick shower and we can go to mine, I want to spend some time with you before your mums back''

We each take a quick shower, and as much as I want a repeat of yesterday's performance, I know she needs some time to recover.

On the way to mine, I pick up breakfast for her and a morning-after pill. I watch as she munches on her bagel, talking about her life back home and her two best friends there, and I can't help but pull over and park to give her a quick kiss. ''What was that for?'' she smiles as me.

I cup her face between my palms ''For being you, for being mine, for giving me hope in this shitty world'' She looks at me emotion shining in her eyes ''Always and forever'' she whispers. I kiss her forehead before I hand her the morning-after pill, and her mouth forms a perfect o. 

''This is for the..'' I nod my head before I tease her ''I mean if you don't want to, it's fine, I'd love to knock you up..'' 

Her eyes widen in shock.''Ry.. no, I ...'' she starts stuttering.