Chapter 8: Getting Closer.

(SEAN)

We've already finished all the strawberry donuts in the box. Tanya ate three donuts while I ate the rest. Well, I like the flavour and a man got to eat.

I already knew a few about her but I want to know her more. I'm not fond of talking about myself because if I tell her about my life she'll be scared.

"I'm not good at introducing myself. Why don't you just ask me questions?" I suggested.

"Okay, er, I know your name is Sean but I wonder what your full name is?" she asked.

"Sean Gabriel Alfaro," I answered.

"That's really Italian but Sean isn't sound like Italian at all. I'm Tanya Rose Santiago by the way," she said.

Of course I know her full name, "My grandmother is obsessed with English names," I shrugged but I know she can't see that, "How about you? Santiago doesn't sound American at all."

"I don't know, maybe I'm half somewhere in my blood. Both of my parents are Americans, my grandparents too," she answered, "How old are you?" she asked.

"How old do I sound?"

"Twenty four?" she answered in a question way.

"That's close, I'm twenty five,"

"Really?!" she laughed, "You're three years older than me, I'm only twenty two. I think I should call you brother."

"Please don't," I grimaced

"I really do want to have a sibling since I'm an only child. Having an older brother seems exciting," she said happily. Her smile meets her eyes and it's almost contagious.

"Then call Tomas brother, not me."

"Speaking of Tomas, where is he? He's not with you when you went here to get the envelope, he's your secretary, right?" she asked.

"He's more than a secretary. I trusted him. He's with me on that time he's just waiting in the car," I replied. Although Tomas is my attendant he's also my most trusted friend.

"Is he in the car right now?"

"Si,"

"He should join us," she said. She's too nice for my annoyance.

"He wouldn't want to, he prefers staying in the car," I half lied. Tomas will follow any orders that I will make, whether he like it or not.

"Do you have any siblings?" she asked.

"One younger sister, she's twenty years old," I answered thinking about my annoying sister.

"Really, that's cool. What's she like?" she asked excitedly.

"Very annoying, nosy and spoiled brat,"

She frowned, "Don't be like that, she's your sister."

"What I said is true," I said, "But it's mine and Papa's fault, we spoiled her too much." I continued.

She laughed before she asked, "What is your job?"

I stared at her. Answering that question is tough. What will she do if I say that I'm a Mafia Boss? A criminal? If she knew I should kill her.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to," she gave me a reassuring smile after she didn't hear my response.

"I'm a businessman," thinking it's better than to be a Mafia Boss besides it's close to what I really do. It's just a very bad business.