Chapter 36: Dangers Ahead

"Here is your ham and cheese pizza and two cans of coke," the waiter placed our orders at the table, "Enjoy your meal," he said boredly before he walked away.

Erwan just grabbed me forcefully away from the office and led me here at the pizza house a few meters away from my work. He just ordered without asking me, which I don't mind really, the thing that I only mind is neglecting my work, because I don't like to do that.

He took a slice of pizza and started to eat it. Since I'm already here I should just go with the flow so I copied his actions.

"I miss pizza, I can't eat properly when I was working," he moaned, taking a bite again at his pizza.

"You should not neglect eating, you need a lot of energy on the type of work you have," I scolded him.

His work being an assassin is very dangerous and it requires a lot of energy so that he can do his job properly. I can't help to get worried at him for a lot of reasons. First, his job is dangerous just like mine. Second, I don't know where he always go sometimes he's on the country and the next thing I know he's already at the other continent. Third, he doesn't have a permanent place. And a lot more reasons. That's why I always offer him to live with me so that he has a place to go home, however, he's always declining, he just sometimes crash in whenever he likes to.

"Erwan, you should stay with me," I offered again.

"Wow," he grinned, "That sounds like a proposal."

I glared at him, "I'm not kidding."

"Easy," he chuckled, "I'm staying at your house right now," he pointed out.

"For how long?" I challenged him, "Maybe the next day I know you're already gone. Again."

"My job requires that for me," he said.

"Erwan, what I'm trying to offer is for you to have a permanent place you can live at. A place where you can stay when you came back from work," I sighed.

"That's why I love you, you are always so worried and concerned to me," he grinned like an idiot.

I rolled my eyes at his silliness. He doesn't take this talk seriously, "Why don't you like to live with me? And please I don't like to hear your job is the reason there must be something more to it."

"It's easier," he shrugged, "Let's not talk about it."

I sighed in defeat, he's hard to convince. However I will not stop trying to convince him.

"I have some concerns regarding to my work right now," he began to say in a serious tone.

I arched an eyebrow at him. His employer right now is my Boss. He's currently working for him, that's why I wonder what his concerns. "You should have asked them to Boss," I said.

"Yeah, I should have done that," he nodded, "But there are some things that I need to clarify first, I need to know or I just want to know."

"What is it?"

"You know that I went to Vincent's place to look for the transactions of your Boss to Hunter," he started and I nodded in agreement, "I found out something in there. There are some files and pictures about Alfaro's family, Ravenna's family, Governor Burton, Javier Aurelio, Levi Wallace and other more wealthy and popular people at the society."

"You should have said that to Boss," I frowned.

He ignored me and continued, "There are also files about some men of your Boss, including you," he said seriously, "Facts about you, information about you, your likes and dislikes that is very alarming. Renard quit the job already."