Chapter 28: A True Gentleman.

(TANYA)
Darren came to my house immediately as soon as I called him saying that I agreed to join to the music contest. He came barging to the store stating that we need to start practising now. Dad suggested that we should practise at the house and he will just stay at the store. Since its quiet at the house, I also have a keyboard piano.

"Actually, I've already prepared for this," Darren stated, "I have some few ideas here and I'm confident that I have a voice."

I laughed.

"And I think you also have the voice to sing," he continued.

I stopped. "That's not funny," I deadpanned.

"Come on, I cannot sing alone, it's a duet!" he encouraged.

"Alright," I sighed. Since I'm already here, there's no turning back now.

Darren started to suggest his ideas and I too. He borrowed the laptop of Dad to search some ideas at the internet and I also listened to my mp3 when an idea came into my mind.

"Hey, why don't we form a band and not a duo," I suggested, "We can add another member."

"I think that alright," he pondered, "But who will we add?" he asked.

"I know someone who can play a violin, she's younger than you and her name is Alisha," I replied.

"Do you have her number? How can we contact her?"

"Hmm, I think you can see her contact number on the copy of receipt that we have when she asked us to repair her violin. You can just ask Dad about that."

"Alright, I'll be back," he said and I heard his footsteps until it's gone.

While waiting for him I play the piano with some notes that I knew. I hit the first note and heard it echoes around the room. I sighed deeply and started to play again.     (I DON'T OWN THE SONG)

"I can hold my breath

I can bite my tongue

I can stay awake for days

If that's what you want

Be your number one.

I can fake a smile

I can force a laugh

I can dance and play the part

If that's what you ask

Give you all I am.

I can do it

I can do it

I can do it.

Then I remembered when there's a fire at the mall. Everyone was running, bumping all over me, the pain that I felt, the ache that I suffered and the feeling of being scared. When I was there and did nothing to prevent it, when I was hopeless and crying.

"But I'm only human

And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human

And I crash and I break down.

"There's no way that a man like him will date a blind girl like you." "Do you think you're living in a cliché movie? It's funny to see a rich and gorgeous man with a blind girl. I tell you, girl, it's only out of pity. You better stop this dream before it turns to nightmare. It makes you look so desperate." "Who wanted to help a delusional, stupid blind girl?"