Chapter 4: The Envelope.

(TANYA)

I thanked God for every morning that I wake up. Even though I couldn't see the beautiful mornings I still love it. I walked down the stairs carefully and went directly to the kitchen to prepare our breakfast. Sometimes Dad prepares it but there were times that he wakes up late.

I placed the pan in the stove and started to heat it while waiting I beat some eggs in a bowl. I'm thinking to cook some omelettes.

I heard the television turned on and I knew that Dad is now awake. "Good morning," he kissed my cheeks.

"Morning," I greeted back. I am now slicing some onions. I can feel that Dad opened the fridge probably taking out the milk. I also heard some clashes of plates.

"You know that I can cook for us," he said as he placed the plates on my side.

"I know, Dad, but I want to take care of you too. You've done so much for me, this is the only thing that I can do," I said back.

Dad sighed and kissed my forehead, "I really don't know what to do if you also are not here with me."

"I love you too, Dad," I smiled.

That's how our mornings work. It would be perfect if Mom is here with us. Only if.

After breakfast Dad went to the shop and while I insisted that I'm the one to wash our plates. I went to my room upstairs to read some Braille books. Those are the one of my past times but sometimes I also listen to music in my ipod. By the way, where is my ipod?

I searched for my shoulder bag because the last time I remember I put it there so that I can get it when I got bored while Olivia and I are on the mall yesterday. I found it lying on my bedside table but I found something which shouldn't be in my bag.

It is an envelope and a bulky one. I touched its contents and I got surprised on what I found. It's a bundle of money I know it is because it's smells new. I also found a small rectangular thing. I think it's a hard drive. Why in the world they are in my bag? I don't remember having them in me. What I'm I going to do with it?

I grabbed my phone and clicked the number two in my speed dial who is Olivia.

"Hello?" she answered sleepily.

"Olivia? This is Tanya. I know it's too early for you but I don't know what to do," I said trying to be calm.

"Why?" she asked there's still a tint of sleepiness in her tone.

"I was looking for my ipod in my bag but I found an envelope and inside it are a bundle of money and a hard drive. I don't know where it came from and I don't know what to do with it," I replied.

"What? Did you say a bundle of money?" she is now wide awake.

"Olivia, I'm being serious here."

"Okay, okay, I got it. I'm going in there now. Don't do anything with it. We're going to figure it out when I get there. Just wait for me," she said hastily and the line ended.

I sighed, really what is this?

***

(SEAN)

"Boss, do you want something?" Gino asked.

I am working in my office to finish some paper works and he keeps asking me if I want anything.