Chapter 57: Margaux and Gino.

(TANYA)

I'm feeling great today because of many reasons. Today is the day they would remove my cast and I can finally walk anywhere I go. But of course, I still need someone who could help me since I couldn't see anything.

I felt a hand on my leg, "Are you ready for me to remove it?" Dr. Rowley asked.

I nodded, "I am," I smiled.

"I'm going to remove it now," she said and I felt that she took it slowly and carefully until I no longer felt the heavy thing on my leg, "How do you feel?"

"I feel great," I beamed.

"I'm going to move it and tell me if it hurts," she directed then she slowly moved my leg from left to right then massaged it.

I shook my head.

"That's good, now we will try to walk slowly," she held my shoulders to carry half of my weight, I stood up from the hospital bed and slowly placed my both of my foot on the ground. Then I walked. I almost fell but I found my balance, Dr. Rowley carefully removed her hands until I can walk on my own.

I heard them clapped and cheered, Dr. Rowley, Nurse Sharon, Olivia, Darren, Alisha, Fernando and Gael.

"I'm so happy for you, Tanya," I heard Olivia cried happily as she suddenly embraced me. I was surprised and lost my balance good thing someone caught me.

"Careful there," Fernando reminded, "You don't want to break your leg again."

"Oh, I'm sorry," she immediately let go.

"It's alright, I'm also happy" I chuckled.

"Let's celebrate!" Darren yelled energetically, "I call for pizza!"

"Pizza?!" Dr. Rowley exclaimed.

"Oh, come on, just this time don't be health conscious. Please?" he begged.

"Alright," she sighed in defeat, "I have to go now, I still have rounds to do."

"Thank you, Dr. Rowley," I thanked her before she could leave my room.

They started to plan for the little celebration while they are waiting for the pizza to come, Darren played with his guitar, good thing he brought it, and they began to sing along with him. I smiled at the beautiful music they created. I admit I'm happy and grateful to have them as my friends. Somehow, I thought that Mom gave me them in exchange of her, so that I wouldn't be lonely.

After our mini celebration, Nurse Sharon has to interrupt us because visiting hours is over I decided to visit Dad so that I could tell him what happened today. He was happy to see me already walking and he also told me some good news. They would transfer him to a regular room.

Everything seems to be better.

***

(TANYA)

It's my first day of therapy and honestly, I'm not excited to do this. Dr. Ethan Stavros was kind enough to do our session in my hospital room but when I will be discharge I will have to go to his clinic.

"Well, I always do this with my patients," Dr. Stavros said, he said earlier that he will sit on the chair beside me, "To know you better, I have to ask you some personal questions but in return you can also ask me some questions, we will throw questions at each other like the game called twenty questions but of course we don't have any limit on questioning."

I nodded my head.

"Alright, so let's get to know each other," he clapped happily, "Let me start first, what's your name?"