Chapter 41: Please.

Chapter 41: Please.

"It's been so quiet here," Olivia said, "It feels like there's something missing."

"And what is it?" I asked. Olivia and I sat on the living room, just hanging out.

"I don't know," she replied before she exclaimed, "Ah—I know now, Sean!"

Yeah, him. It's been a week since he visited me and since then on I never met him again, even his men who were working for him. "What about him?"

"I haven't seen him," she answered, "Did both of you talk already?" she asked.

"We did talk and I don't want to talk about it," I deadpanned.

There's a paused. I wondered it at first because she usually pushed this kind of topic. It's like she doesn't want me to keep anything to her but now it's different, though I ignored that feeling because I don't really want to jinx this.

"Did you two break up?" she finally and slowly asked.

I sighed in annoyance, "We didn't break up because there's nothing to break up to begin with. We're not together, Olivia. How many times do I have to---,"

"He went to my work to talk to me,"

"Tell you that we are not in a ---- what?"

"He went to my work to talk to me," Olivia repeated again, "We talked about you, last week, I think. He was wondering why you are ignoring him and I told him that you weren't ignoring him but avoiding him. Then he explained to me the truth, though I don't know if that's the truth."

"He explained it to me too and I believe him," I said.

"Alright," she said hesitantly.

There's a pause again. "He said that he love me."

"What?!" now it's her turn. "What did you answer?"

"I rejected him."

"What? Why?"

"It's complicated. It's not meant to be. It's a mistake."

"But you like him," she insisted.

"Just because I like him doesn't mean it's the right thing," I countered.

"Then what's the right thing? You might regret letting him go."

I sighed. It's like everyone says it's the wrong thing, it's like they are against it. "Just drop it, Olivia. We were living perfectly before he entered our lives we just need to return in our old ways."

"But the --,"

"Olivia,"

"Fine fine,"

***

It's already dark when Olivia went back home, she also ate dinner at our house. I already told Dad that Sean might not come anymore at our house. At first he asked why and I began to wonder if he started to like him now but he dropped the topic.

I am still thinking about him, wondered if he could somehow forgive me for hurting him. However I know that he don't want to see me. Honestly, I miss him. I miss our conversations, his funny and short responses, his sudden visits, the fact that he likes strawberries, the best least creative describer, I miss everything about him. I want to talk to him once more.

I want to tell him how I regret turning him down. But I won't.

I will stick to my decision. This is for the better.