chapter 35

The night passed really quickly, while madi woke up extra early and informing her dasi to tell the rest she headed for her prayers next to karns house. Karn had just woke up when she reached , they greeted each other and started the prayers, Ira joined Karn and they prayer to the tridev and tridevi's followed by suryadev, once they were done madi decided to sing a bhajan and wrap up. As soon as she begun radha ma , adirath and shon who had woken came and joined in.

Karn who was once again mesmerised by her voice thanked the gods for returning her to him. Once done, ira along with adirath and karn headed for the royal palace and in between they caught up mostly with karns life who now had told his parents about him being samrat of visala. He also asked Ira what secret identity was she talking about, to which she said it is related to her family and she will tell him later. He too didn't press to much on it and they soon met everyone when they returned, madi being early this time wasn't scolded.

Soon after they had their meal, karn asked for permission to speak in the sabha and declared he was returning anga. Most knew he will return to visala to handle that kingdom, the rest of the people were shocked at the declaration since they didn't know of him being samrat and why he was leaving and so was shakuni. He quickly began scheming a way to keep karn on duryodhan's side and used his manipulative skills to make karn think he was doing something wrong.

What he didn't know was karn wasn't someone easily manipulated and also perks of being bhagwan parshuram's student he definitely could tell this. He was always controlling his anger towards shakuni because he knew what extent that man could go to for revenge after he had tried to kill the pandavas, most times they stayed away but with shakuni interfering with his business, this was something that karn will not tolerate.

Madi was staring at karn this whole time almost as if she could read what he was thinking through his eyes that showed all his emotions like an open book to her. well others could see him showing no emotion at all Madi knew that's one more word from shakuni will cause an outburst from karn. to avoid this Ira decided it was time for her to interrupt.

Asking the king for permission to speak, she continues and convinces them that karn has made the kingdom strong enough that the presence of a king is not needed for a while , and during this time they should find another suitable candidate. She also states that they can give some of the kaurava princes a chance to see how a kingdom is ruled, since it is still under hastinapur, assigning different roles may help them understand better and support the king.

Hearing her judgement most courtiers are impressed and they decide they should vote on who they want to be going to learn, vidur suggests Vikarn, and half of the kauravas and yuyutsu can go while the pandavas, duryodhan, duhassan and the rest of the kauravas will learn at hastinapur it self .mamashree could see how this will bridge the brothers once again and how he will not be able to manipulate them all.

He felt like this was another insult by Ira towards him and planned to now kill her before she created any more problem. Karn and the other once again admire Ira's thinking, and how she handled the politics with out insulting any one. By now Karn was once again calm and composed since there was no point in having anger anymore. soon as the court ended shakuni left the room and as the others were leaving Madi was asked to stay back

Bhishma wondered why her thinking is so different and how she is confident, he asked her to stay behind wanting to talk to her about something. The rest all went to spend time with each other as soon they will get busy with kingdom duties. Draupadi too observing ira for all these days decided she wants to continue her learning, even though she was born with all the knowledge, seeing Ira's humility and passion she realised learning never stops as there is always scope for improvement.

She asked mahamantri to help her improve her skills in laws and accounting so she can help with descisions as well. Vidur happily agreed as he got another daughter in draupadi's form. Karn through his eyes had thanked Ira for interrupting and supporting him so he is not bonded to his duties and he didn't do anything wrong in his anger. And left with the princes to spend time with his old and new friends

Madi went closer to bhishma asking what he wanted to talk about knowing it would be related to her old life and also the actions of yesterday with mata ganga. As she assumed he did indeed praise her first for the suggestion at the court and asked her where she learnt all this knowledge from and how she knows about his mother.

Madi wasn't going to lie, but knew she couldn't say the truth as well so she chose to speak in riddles just like krishna after all it is in the genes right 😊. She said " I have learnt these from the place I used to stay in, it was outside of aryavat and it doesn't exist anymore so you may not have heard of it, and about my gurus, maharishi ved vyas was one of my inspirations and I have followed his teachings through indirect means.(thinking of the knowledge she gained from his written work)"

Bhisma interupts asking "what do you mean by indirectly?" she replies " well I haven't met him but through words and patras I have learnt all that he preaches and that makes him my guru as well. More over my oarents who brought me up had many experiences and they shared those with me helping me learn more about differentiating right and wrong."

" and to answer your question about mata ganga, " somerelations are of blood while others heart,and the latter connect spiritually,that's our relation, when seeing her yesterday I had felt a inflow of emotionsas if my soul had recognised her and that was the reason for the reaction. Whythat happened will be revealed with time since I too am looking for theanswers." Bhishma, pleased with her answer let her go with his mind stillfiguring her out, only reaching one conclusion that she is more than what meetsthe eye and that time will tell who she is.

***********************************

dear readers, here is an early chapter i hope you enjoy it .

do vote, and comment cause that encourages me to write more.

lots of love ,

Bella