#18 Carlos - Italian trip

IZZY POV.: It's been fun 3 weeks of break between Monza and Singapore. During that time, apart from few appointments for Ferrari, Carlos had a break to rest and re-charge batteries for next races. Of course, he still trained and had strict diet, even more than usuall, as Singapore is one of the most challanging tracks in the whole calendar, but it was a well deserved break after the triple header. Also because of that, we did many fun activities, with our families, friends, or even just us, alone, to just forget about job for a few minutes.
One of which, was long trip to Bologna, as we were there, anyway, on little trip between Maranello and Milan, because of Ferrari.
Dressed in casual and comfy outfits, with caps on our heads and sunglasses, to not get too recognised by turists and other people, we wandered for a long time through those small streets, breathing in and enjoying the Italian atmosphere.
The sun was up, and it was rather warm, so jackets weren't really needed, but long-sleeved sweatshirths were enough.
We had almost too much fun, taking many photos, talking about everythung and nothing at all and laughing at jokes only we could hear, joking almost constantly. It was really nice. To detach ourselves like that... Pretend that nobody knows us, that we're just random turists and not a journalist for world-wide known station and F1 driver for one of the most known teams in the whole world, with also well known dad...

Around lunch time, we stumbled upon very cute, little pizzeria. It looked like one of the first, Italian pizzerias, unique and homely.
-I feel like eating pizza, you?
-I think what Rupert doesn't see, won't hurt him- his reply made me giggle softly, as we entered the building, holding hands.
-Boungiorno!
-Ciao mi piace! What do you need?
-A table for two please? In more or less secluded area...- Carlos said to the smiley waiter and took off his glasses for a minute. The guy recognised him instantly.
-Of course. Follow me, please- he replied, and went even more to the inside of the restaurant, chatting to us happily in Italian. Luckly, both of us are more or less comunicative in that language also, taking into considaration the fact that in some ways, Italian sounds pretty much like Spanish.
Not long later, we're seated in nice, homely area, a bit away from the other guests. Feeling safe, we took off the caps and glasses, smiling to one another and droping our gazes to the menu full of delicious food, picking our favourite pretty quickly.
-What to it? You want water, or maybe some wine?
-What time is it?
-Around 3 pm, what about it?- I replied, taking a glance on my smartwatch.
-I think I'm gonna take a water for now, and then a coffee with some desert...
-Carlito!?
-Que? Mi Princessa preciosa..?- he flashed me one of those smiles, which make my stomach flip and erupt with butterflies.
-You need to remember about your diet mi Amor!
-Lo se, no te preocupres- Carlos assured me, with one of those shy looks and added -Besides, I can just intensify my training session tomorrow to make up for it.
-If you say so Cariño- I agreed and squezzed his hand in mine.
Right when I said that, the waiter came to us and took our orders. Two pizzas, one water and one orange juice. Coffee we left for later.

....
The wait for the food was rather short, taking only around 45 minutes, but we didn't mind, too focused on one another and our quality time together. Even when they arrived, and we started to eat, we still continued the conversation between bites. It was really nice and relaxing.
And after the lunch, we ordered two our favourite coffees and some small deserts, feeling a bit festive today.
I still didn't knew how to take it, but then, seeing my Carlito happy like little kid when he got his sweets, I knew I'd never deny him anything like that.. His happines is just too precious for me...

After around 2.5 hours in total in the pizzeria, we left it again, and resumed our walk around the city, through those small and climatic streets. We took a lot of photos too, trying to caption every emotion and memory for later. I might have even post some of the best ones on my social media too, I'll see later...

This whole day of walking made us a little tired, when we finally decided to go back to the car, to get back to Maranello. I had high-heeled sandals on, so my legs gave up on me at the end, when we slowly were heading back.
-Maybe I'll carry you, hm?- Carlos shot a look of concern my way, seeing that my pace slowed down massively.
-No, you don't need to Cariño. I just need to rest a little...- I smiled at him, really not wanting to cause any fuss. Besides, he's supposed to rest, not carry me around...
-But I want to. I see how you struggle- he didn't let go, stopping in place and stopping me too in the process -Por favor, mi vida. I want to help...
-Alright. But only to the car!- I just couldn't say no to those puppy like chocolate orbs, drilling their way into my heart easier than anything else.
Without reply, Carlos let go of my hand and embraced me around my back with one hand and placed the other under my knees to lift me up easly, with huge grin on his face.
-Te amo, mi vida- he said next, looking at me so full in love, that I thought for a second that I'm gonna melt on the spot.
-Te amo tanto Carlito- I replied, wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my forehead on his cheek.
Up until that very moment, I didn't knew how much exactly tired I am. Turns out, that I was barerly awake the second he started to walk again.
-Sleep. I got you- Carlos felt that, turing his head for a second and kissing my forehead softly, proving to me once more that this man is an angel personificate.
I didn't even had a strenght for any reply, so I just hummed in responce and closed my eyes, feeling the safest I ever felt...
THE END

See?! I still have some vacay vibe in me!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.