#76 Lando - Spanish highs and lows

SPANISH GP
SATURDAY
AVA POV: After Oscar got knocked out in Q2, having Lando in Q3 was nice change, considering how McLaren started their season this year... All of us were beaming in pride, waatching in awe how he drove that car around the circuit lap after lap. And then, another miracle happened....
When chequered flag setled finish of Quali, we spotted something on the time board...
-You're P3...
-Huh? Still?- I couldn't help but giggle at his confused voice - Interesting..
-Yeah, we're P3. Amazing drive.
-You're the best race engineer Will...
Happy we all went to Parc Ferme to congratulate him. And the fact that Max and Carlos got P1 and P2 respectfully was another plus...
After cheering with the team for a bit, Lando spotted me with wide grin, and instantky wrapped me in a tight hug.
-You're exeptional... I'm proud of you...
-Thanks Baby.
We shortly kissed and then he went to do interviews and that top three photo with the boys. Everyone cheered, Zak and Andrea were very happy and nothing could really dampen our mood that weekend.. Or so we thought....

24 HOURS LATER
SUNDAY
RACE DAY
Lando was really aggitated ahead of the race. Jon and I had to almost force him to eat breakfast and drink, as he couldn't stomach anything.
-Everything will be fine. You're gonna finish in the points today and everyone will be happy...- I tried to calm his anxiety while holding both of his hands in mine and softly caressing tops of his palms with my thumbs.
-You don't know that...
-You're right, I don't- I ernestly agreed -But I know you, and you'll do anything in your power to do the best you can, and that shone yesterday in Quali alone! You pushed that triple-crown livery coated tractor into P3, not anybody else! You can do it! I believe in you Lan...- I said, making sure he's looking at me, to get my point across.
-You're right. thanks baby...
-You're welcome- we beamed at one another and then Lando pulled me into a hug.
-So what's the plan for today, Champ?
-Hold on for dear life and finish in the points, hoping for the best- he exhaled loudly and I kissed his cheek in responce.
-You're gonna do great and have fun. See you after...
-Thanks Ava, really- he replied and we kissed shortly, before he got into the car and in no time was rolled out onto the grid.
Before we knew it, it was after the anthem and formation lap began, after which the race started. And the dissaster stiked right back... Lando had a collision with Lewis in turn 2, broke his front wing and had to pit. But something was WAY OFF and he was at the back of the pack most of the race, not really able to do anything about it really... The fact that he didn't demanded to retire the car and just go home was another example of his strenght and love for the sport, which I admire in him almost the most... It's beyond me really, how he does it....

....
After all, Lando finished in P17 out of all 20 cars finishing today, which was miracle this season so far.... Whole team was heart broken and nobody was saying anything. How could such a nice Saturday turn so bad in Sunday?!
Without saying a word Jon and I got back to Lando's driver's room to wait for him. He did interviews first, wanting to just get over them as quickly as possible and then, finally, came back to the hospitality, to his drivers room.
-Can we go back to the hotel now? Zak says we're gonna do the debrief back in the factory...- his tone was bitter and politeness forced, but I had no mind in reminding him of it. He deserved to be annoyed and angry.
-Sure thing Lando. Just hop into the shower and change out of the suit. See you in 20 in the parking lot- JOn said, reading the room and then left, to chat with Will before his way out. Wordlesly Lando took off his race suit and showered, while I gathered his stuff into the backpack he came in with in the morning, to save time.
After exactly 20 minutes we met with Jon in the parking lot and get into the car. Jon drove us back to the hotel, while we sat in the back seat, holding hands. Lando was still tense, but the anger dispearesd a bit after the shower. I still knew that he's gonna rant about the race after we get back to our room, but I didn't mind... Actually, I would be surprised if he didn't....

AT THE HOTEL
We ate short dinner with Adam and Jon, making stiff small talk, and then excussed ourselves, saying that we're tired after the long day. Fortunately both Jon and Adam were able to read the room correctly and didn't push it.
-This is bullshit! The car is bullshit! Andrea and Zak are saying that it's gonna be better soon, but it's not! I'm tired of this shit!- Lando almost screamed, when we were safe in the four walls of our hotel room. His outburst didn't even fazed me.
-Tell me how I can help?- I asked him softly, sitting down, cross-legged on the bed, why Lando paced around the room.
-I don't know...- his shoulders fell, as he looked at me.
-Maybe invite Carlos and Charles of a round of golf when we're back in Monaco, hm? They have a tractor too this year, so you can share your sorrows and bitch about the car?- I suggested the first thing that came to my mind.
-Could be...- he sighed and added -I'mma jump in the shower really quick...- he decided and came to me to press loving kiss on my forehead. We shared tight smile and then Lan showered, while I checked my phone. Then we switched and soon after that, we're lying on the bed.
Without many words Lando pulled me to himself and hid his face in the crook of my neck.
-THank you for beeing with me...
-You're welcome Baby..- I replied and kissed his curls, starting to play with them soon later.
-Goodnight...- Lando mumbled next, and before I knew it, his whole body relaxed, as he fell deeply asleep.
-Sleep tight Lan... Tomorrow will be better day..- I whispered and kissed the top of his head again.
For the next few minutes, I just laid there, without saying another world, holding my boyfriend close and playing with his curls. It was another tough Sunday, but I know that he's gonna shake it off all soon and return to the fight for Canada in 2 weeks. He's strong like that and he's got me by his side, no matter what... My future Champion....
THE END

The ending kinda loosey, but I think I still like it...
Let me know what do you think...?!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.