#43 Charles - Idiot

NARRATOR POV: Today, Leclerc's family house is full of people, as Pascale is hosting her unnual "Gripnic", which is basically picnic and grill joined, for her friends and family. The day is sunny, so it's safe to have a party outside. All three "Leclerc brothers" are there since the morning, helping their mother in preparations.
-Arthur?
-Oui, Maman?
-Carla is coming today, right?
-She told me she would try, but we'll see- youngest Leclerc said, blushing.
-You didn't tell her!?- Lorenzo whisper-shouted, scolding his brother. He easly could, because it's been almost a month since his youngest brother broke up with his girlfriend and up until now didn't have balls to tell their mother.
-Charlie?- meanwhile Pascale kept asking, while cooking.
-Brynn and Jordis for sure, Pierre, Kat and Ilies will let me know soon- the middle brother replied, coming back to the kitchen, after placing the silverware on the tables they managed to set just few minutes prior, in the garden.
-That's wonderfull! I haven't seen Brynnie in ages!- Pascale got excited.
-Way to tell who is her favourite- Arthur grumbled. Pascale's support was one of the things he and Carla fought about, which led to their break up at the end. Lorenzo only shook his head and didn't say anything. They had lots of more important things to do, that listen to Arthur's annoyed grumbles. "Gripnic" being the main one for now...

....
Before they knew it, guests started to fill the house and garden, each one bringing somewhat a gift for happy Pascale. "Mama Leclerc" was basically glowing, happy to have her house full with people she cares about...
-Pascale!
-Brynnie! I'm so happy you made it!- her whole face lit up even more, when Brynn came to her, as she ungulfed her in tight hug -Look at you! So beautifull!- she looked at her happily and made her twirl in place, making Brynn giggle.
-Nice to see you too...- Warren felt warm and fuzzy inside. Leclercs were having that effect on her ever since she met Charles and that didn't change at all. Red, long coctail dress she was wearing was very formal, but somehow fitted the situation perfectly.
-You want me to help with something?
-Non, dear. We have everything covered, don't you worry...- Pascale smiled at her fondly.
-OK- she agreed, and added, pointing to the bottle she placed on the counter -I brought your favourite wine..
-Brynn! You shouldn't have!
-But i wanted!
-Alright. Merci, Cara- they hugged again, unaware that Lorenzo and Charles were watching them.
-Idiot...
-Hm?- Charles looked at his brother in confusion -Quoi?
-You smile like an idiot when you're looking at her..- Lorenzo explained, nudging his brother on the shoulder.
-No, I don't!
-Oui, you do! Come on! Go and do somethning, before we'd have to sit down and eat!
-But she's my best friend!
-Yeah, yeah! Keep telling that to yourself!- Enzo rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed by his brothers behaviour. They acted like children, while being 24 and 26 years old.
-Ok, fine! I will!
-FINALLY!- Lorenzo said, and left his brother alone for a second, before comming back -Living room is empty- he informed him and then went outside, to entertain guests. Charles on the other hand, went to Brynn.
-Hi B!
-Charlie- her face lit up, as they hugged in greeting. It was nice for both of them.
-You look astonishing...- he said, looking at her as if she's worth a milion dollars.
-You look not bad yourself..- she also took him in, in white button-down and dark slacks.
-Can I talked to you for a sec?
-Sure. What's going on?- she asked, but agreed never the less, letting him lead her into empty living room.
-I wanted to tell you..- he instantly looked nervous and unsure.
-Charlie... You can tell me anything. I won't be mad..- she assured him with fast beating heart, holding his hands gently in hers and searching for his gaze.
-I know, but...
-What's wrong? You're worring me...
-Nothing is wrong!- he quickly assured her.
-Then why are you nervous?- she tried to stay calm.
-Just seeing you today.. Looking so beautifull and at ease in my family home, made me realise something...
-Quoi?
-That I cannot wait anymore... I can't pretend that you don't mean to me more than a best friend... To act as if I don't have way deeper feelings for you...
-Charlie... You're rambling- she chuckled softly, allowing herself to frame his face with her shaking hands.
-I probably am... But I couldn't keep it to myself anymore..!- he replied, smiling unsure -But if you don't feel the same, that's fine. We don't need to change anything! I just wanted to...- but Brynn didn't let him finish, smiling and instead of words, kissing him with all the feelings she hid from him. It took Charles a second, but then he relaxed and returned the kiss, wrapping his hands around her waist. They melted into the kiss, feeling as if the time stopped.
-Je t'aime...- they mumbled breathlessly at the same time, when they seperated, joining their foreheads and trying to catch their breath, soeaking up the close presence of the other at the same time, with their eyes closed.
But after a while they realised where they were exactly, in what curcumstances.
-Shit, the party...
-Lorenzo got us covered, but you're right, we probably should go there...- Charles said, but didn't move an inch, looking deeply into her eyes.
-They probably spotted out disapperance by now anyway...- Brynn sighed, but smiled nevertheless.
-Ready to go?
-I won't be more ready- she agreed and took his hand in hers. Charles squezzed them, smiling at her and then pressed loving kiss to her forehead before stepping back from her, but not letting go of her hand. Happy as ever, they joined the party in the garden, and made a bee line to their seats.
-Where the hell have you been!?- Pierre was first to speek, as he stood up and gave each of them a hug.
-Kat! Nice to see you!- Brynn embraced Chalamet first -This green dress looks marvellous on you!
-Merci- she whispered and added -I'm happy for you. Your seceret is safe with me...
-Merci- Brynn smiled, blushing a bit. They also greeted Jordis and were sad to hear that Ilies couldn't make it.
After that, "Gripnic" took his usual direction, letting them drink a bit, catch up and laugh. It was really nice evening, for Brynn and Charles probably the most, just like their nearest future....
THE END

Something sweet and light with our favourite Monegasque..!
And no, Arthur and Carla are still happy together as I know, but it fitted the begining of the story...
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.