#29 Pierre - Struggles

KATE POV: Another race weekend, this time in Brasil. It's this one, and then Abu Dhabi, and then 2022 season is over... 10 months of hard work and nerves finally over...
It may sound negative, and I love my job in every aspect but I feel like this season was tougher than the previous ones.. New car regulations meant that it was like a leap on deep end of the pool blindfolded... Some teams nailed it, like Red Bull, but others suffered, like us or Aston Martin. Alpha Tauri team definitely had one of the hardest seasons since their entry in Formula 1, but as many say, we lose, we learn, we move on. I just hope that next year would be better. I can't stand seeing Pierre this sad and frustrated longer than that.. It's really hard...

Right now we all are after first two practises of the weekend. Our pace is there, but we learned from previous races that it doesn't mean anything yet. Quali will be real answer and the race a final push. We just need that Q3 apearance and not because some of the drivers would be moved to the back of the grid because of some penalties...
I'm sitting on pit wall with my headphones around my neck and thousends of numbers and notes in front of me. I need to have a look on those data to put them in somewhat order and then discuss them with Pierre when he comes back from the media pen, to try and come up with Quali set up, which we will try tomorrow during FP3. Lots of work, but it's not like I'm an engineer since yesterday...
-Seeing something interesting?
-My God, Pierre! You scared the shit out of me!- I gasped, as my pulse quickened. I haven't spoted him, nor heard.
-Sorry about that- he replied, smiling sheepish and standing next to me, between the chairs -But still, seeing some hope for me there?- I felt like his ocean blue eyes were drilling into my very soul with soft smile.
-I don't know yet. But the picture looks rather promising, at least on the paper...- I showed him encourageing smile. Gasly, in responce, took my hand in his and without other word, placed loving kiss on it.
-Pierre! Somebody can see us!- I hissed, sharply taking my hand out of his -You know how much hard this situation is for me already, so maybe little help?!
-I don't know Kat, is it?!- he looked at me, crossing his arms in front of his chest, visibly hurt. We're together for more than a year, but until now, we haven't told anybody about us apart from our families and non-racing friends, whom we trust to keep our secret safe.
-It really is! I may be your engineer, but it's becoming harder by each weekend to be professional all the time! Especially this season, and you know that!- I whisper-shouted at him, not moving apart from that, even tho inside, the only thing I wanted to do was stand up and pull him to myself to kiss that hard expression from his face.
-I know, I'm sorry... I should know better than react so sharply...- his stance faltered instantly and his hands fell to his sides.
-No P. It's not that!- I assured him quickly, by instinct, taking his hand in mine -It's hard for both of us, but the season is almost over. We can do it just those few weeks more, and then, over the brake, we'll decide if we want to start a fresh start and tell Alpine or not tell them at all... You just need to hold your head high just a little bit longer mon Amour- I tried to cheer him up even just a bit.
-How is it, that you know what to say, all the time?!- he sighed, smiling.
-There is my favourite smile!- I giggled softly and added -I just know you, Mr. Gasly.
-You really do, don't you, Ms. Chalamet?- Pierre played along, liftling over all mood between us.
-I think so. But for real, we have tons of data to go over with. Sit down here, motorhome, or...?
-Maybe hotel will be better? To relax and ACTUALLY absorb some knowledge out of all of that?- he suggested, pointing at covered desk with his free hand, reminding me that I'm still holding the other one.
-Hotel is it. Come on, help me to gather this mess..- I decided, earing me sweet but quick kiss on the cheek. Then we put all the papers in folders rather quickly, talking about his feeling of the car, without the deeper analisys.
-Let's go, before the staff will lock us here overnight- Pierre joked, so I playfully shoved him in the arm and hoped down from the high chair, with all the colorfull folders in my hands. We fell into cofortable step almost instantly and my favourite Frenchman wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we continued our chat.
Before we went to the parking lot however, we stepped swiftly into the motorhome, to gather all of our staff from his room and "break room". I wasn't storing my stuff in his room, as Pyry could easly stumble upon them there and connect the dots. Better be safe than sorry...
After that, we bid our goodbyes and left the track together. This is not that weird anymore, as the team thinks that we're just close friends outside of racing, hence our little drives in and out of the circuit together.

Soon after that we entered the hotel lobby, already feeling relaxed. Just few more minutes and we'll be safe in Pierre's hotel room, which we share anyway, without the team knowing. During the car ride we also decided upon calling the room service, as it was long dinner time, and we still needed to analyse that data.
Because that the work for today wasn't finished yet, but that's ok. It's not like it's the first time, especially this season...?!
And in our case, we'll just have to see how life will treat us, but I think that sooner or later we'll tell somebody about us in the team, to make things easier and less nervous. Neither of us needs also that pressure to keep things hidden. And first and foremost, let's hope that the guys in the factory will fix what's wrong with the car and it'll give us better results next year...
THE END

Looks like seperating private and professional life is harder than it seems...
But I think Kate and Pierre will make it work somehow..?!
And what do you think?
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.