#73 Pierre - Can't sleep

NARRATOR POV: After long day in the track, full of data to analyse and help Nyck and Yuki succed, Katelynn was already sleeping after 9:30 pm, when she woke up, startled, when she heard her phone ring loudly. She was at first convinced that it was only a part of the dream, but when it was still riging after a while, she finally woke up, with loud groan. Not happy, she picked it up and answered without looking at the screen.
-Whoever it is, do you know what the fuck hour it is?
-Kate- Pierre said, his voice weird. It woke her up instantly.
-Pierre? Hey, what's wrong?- she asked him, instantly awake and sitting up to look in the darkness of her room, iluminated only by the moon and stars outside, as the bedsheets pooled around her waist.
-Nothing's wrong, I just- he sighed deeply, clearly bothered by something.
-Then what is it?
-I just wanted to talk to you... Cause of the weekend, and me moving to Alpine without you I barrerly see you these days..- Gasly sighed again, clearly bothered by it.
-Pierre- she sighed in compasion, feeling his pain -You just want to talk at...- she paused and lifted her phone from her ear to look at its home screen to check the time -1 am in the night?
-Well... I can't sleep and miss you, so...?- without seeing him she was able to "see" how he pouted and shrugged his shoulders.
-So you wanted to wake me up as well?- she quipped, grumpy because of the lack of sleep, falling back on her bed to place her head on the fluffy pillow. She clearly could see how Pierre was slowly worn out of energy as the weekend progressed, the dulliness of his eyes and forced smiles, almost media like, being farthest from true.
It pained her to see her Pierre like this, almost loosing his passion for racing and its joys, and this phone call didn't bring her any comfort.
The heavy silence followed, as they only listened to each other's breathing. And suddenly she had an idea.
-What would you say to come over here?
-Quoi?
-Oui. I'll get back to sleep, and you'll most likely vent all your worries and have peace of mind to sleep also. What do you say?
-You just want me to cuddle with you, don't you?- Pierre sniggered, chuckling. Kat only huffed and shoke her head in exasperation, as she smiled fondly, hiding her face in the pillow.
-That actually wasn't a part of my plan, but sure, cuddling works too- she chuckled at him, agreeing. Besides, who wouldn't want to cuddle with the love of her life, whom she misses dearly?!
-What's your room number?- Pierre asked, knowing where is the hotel already, as he visited Yuki here ealier during the week.
-10A- she shortly replied.
-Give me 15 minutes- Pierre said and added -Je t'aime mon Ange..
-Je t'aime assusi, P- she replied, smiling to herself, as they hung up. After that, she placed the phone back on the bedside table and plugged it onto the charger, and then snuggled deeper under the covers and kept herself enteratined by thinking about tomorrow, while she waited for Pierre and to open the door for him.

...
In fact, it took Pierre 11 minutes to get to Kate's room, and 3 more to get ready to bed.
-Come here- she smiled and let him blanket her in safe embrance.
-Try to fall asleep, hm?- she whispered and kissed Pierre's forehead.
-Yhm- he huffed and held her tightly.
-You can relax Baby... Please, try to calm your running thoughts down..? You're safe with me...- she whispered, as she played with his hair calmly.
-You're right... Merci- Pierre said and kissed the crown of her head -Goodnight...
-NIght Baby..- she let herself rest, as she felt Pierre's breath even out and deepen, as he calmed down and fell asleep. Those worries will have to be solved by tomorrow-Kate...
THE END

I'm REALLY sorry for shortness of this OS, but I'm stuck in my finals and cannot really write...
I hope you forgive me and will bear with me until I'm free of them and off to summer break...!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.