#69 Charles - Ice bath

BRYNN POV: It's Saudi weekend, so we're in the middle of the desert, sweating like crazy. It's almost 50 degrees in the sun, so most of us here feel like  we're meliting. Because of it hospitality suites with Air Con on full blast are a huge blessing...
This weekend Charles is acompaneed by me, Arthur, Jordis and obviously Andrea. We all are good friends, so we always have great time together, almost always having fun.
-I'm burning!- Jordis whinned, not happy.
-You won't melt, Jord...- Charles snorted, making me and Arthur laugh.
-You're lucky bastard with that ice bath!
-You wouldn't last even a second in it!- I countered him.
-And would you?
-Yeah B, would you?- Arthur tutted me with smug expression, himself used to the "ritual" cause of his own racing career.
-I totally would!
-I don't believe you.
-Shut it Jord, you definitelly wouldn't!
-Then prove it!
-Gladly- I agreed, as I never back down from the challenge.
-Then it's set!

...
After another hour we got moving, as Charles needed to prepare for free practises. He got ready rather quickly, streched with Andrea and then it was time to cool down in the ice bath...
-Go on Brynn!- Arthur egged me on.
-You don't need to, if you don't want..- Charles whispered to me, still having his arm around my waist.
-I'll do it. It's fine Charlie- I assured him and took off my shirt. Andrea wasn't sure about it either, holding clean clothes for me, in a bag and fresh towels for both of us.
-For how long?
-10 seconds?- Jordis suggested.
-Make it 15 Andrea- I said confidently and then we stepped into the bath.
-3... 2... 1... GO!- he counted out, while we sat down and extreme cold attacked my skin, making me gasp, unable to breath freely.
Almost imidetelly I felt myself being moved and my back colided with Charles's front as his arms sneaked tightly around my shoulders to keep me close.
-Relax... You're safe with me..- he whispered into my ear and placed loving kiss on my temple.
-Cold...- I sttamered, shivering.
-I know Bebe, I know... But you're doing great..
-Come on Brynn! It's been already 7 seconds!- Arthur cheered, peaking above Andrea's shoulder.
-Goood.. tttoo know- I stammered again, slowly relaxing into Charles's hold, as water began to warm up, or so I thought. Soon after that it was actually rather nice and it made me smile...

The time was dragging a bit, but I felt nice, even tho I was more than sure that we're WAY PAST the 15 seconds of the challenge. I didn't even minded watchfull eyes of our friends on me, as I knew they're checking if everything is alright. And by the looks of it, I'm doing pretty good so far...?!
But the longer I stayed in the tub, I felt my limbs slowly go numb... I held it as long as I could, but then it was too much...
-Ok! Enough! I'm done!- I told the guys and freed myself from Charles's hold and stood up on shaky legs.
-Ey, ej! Slowly! You can slip and fall down!- Charles said, standing up himself and holding my elbow to support my standing position.
-I'm fine Charlie! It's alright!- I assured him and we exited the ice bath, standing next to it.
-Congrats! You managed 35 seconds!- Andrea smiled, switching the stoper on his phone off.
-See?! I told you I could do it!- I smiled victoriously at Jordis and Arthur.
-Yeah. Congrats!- younger Leclerc smiled and we fistbumped. Jordis high fived me and patted me on the back, while I felt warm and fluffy towel around me, as well as Charles's hands warming up my shoulders. Andrea also congratulated me and then looked at CHarles, saying:
-And you watch out! With a bit of practise and consistency she'll last longer in that bath than you!
-Shut up Andre!- Charles huffed, not amused and added -I'm proud of you, mon Ange- he said and kissed my cheek. Hearing that I turned around and looked at him.
-Merci, mon Amour- I replied and with a smile on my face let him bow down slightly and kiss me softly and sweet.
-You're really amazing Brynn- he added when we seperated, smiling proudly at me, which made me blush. Without reply, I just cuddled closer to his side, feeling happy and proud of myself.
With Charles by my side I feel like I can do anything! But for starters, we need clean and good weekend ahead of us, to lift Charles' spirit... I just want to see him happy...?!
THE END

Rather short, but still something sweet in the middle of a hot desert..
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.