• Chapter 8 •

It had been a week

It had been a week. The city was silent with no murder or protest at all. It was like the 80's came back again. You were also living peacefully with Woobin and your job and college. You couldn't have asked for a better life. Well, the place that Hobi left was still vacant but things are slowly getting back on track for you.

You were walking down the alley to go for your shift at work since it was off for college. You saw the cafe booked and a sign board with 'Reservations till 12 pm" was written on the door.

You entered the front door, with the little jingles of the chime at the door and was met with the halfway decorated place. It was all red with ribbons and flowers and nets and balloons. It looked beautiful. On the wall was a big question mark.

You looked around and figured it was some kind of a date or something. The manager came to you with an almost pleading and desperate voice.

"Y/N, there is a special reservation for a date tonight and for my sheer bad luck, Rebecca and Alex are not available. You could be a wonderful host for the dinner. Please be the server for today" Your boss, Mr. Wang, asked you very politely. He looked desperate and you almost were about to laugh but didn't.

"Of course I can, Sir. You don't have to ask twice. I'm free anyways" you answered and the smile that came onto his face was priceless. He thanked you and briefed you about everything. Apparently, it was a birthday party and the guy was also planning to propose to the girl. You smiled at all the hard work he had been putting in the preparations and changed into your work clothes shortly after.

The party went as expected. The girl was so happy with the decorations and at last when he popped the question, she said yes. It was a beautiful scene and you all cheered for the new couple together.

"Thank you so much for today Y/N. If it wasn't for you, I would have been in great trouble" your boss thanked you again. He was a generous man and offered you a day off for the extra efforts you put in today. You were happy because you honestly needed rest for your college projects.

Bidding him goodbye, you proceeded to the grocery store to buy some important things. Woobin was working late today so you were alone to cook anything. You preferred to buy some instant noodles and cola before going back home.

You were watching a drama after your quick dinner. A certain scene came on where the actor prepared breakfast for his girlfriend. They were getting all mushy and the scene made you smile but then the sudden wave of memories flushed throughout your head.

Flashback
February 18th 2017, Ireland

It was Hobi's Birthday today and as every other year, you decided to make a cake for him at home. With everything ready and in the oven, you walked back to the living room. You had moved in with him a month back and you couldn't be happier. Living with him was like a dream come true. The morning kisses, the hugs, the movie nights, the cuddles. It was the best time and you never wanted to stop living the moments.