• Chapter 33 •

The next day, Namjoon and Seokjin took turns to visit the hospital to have Baek's statement but he was still unconscious. Or maybe he did regain his senses but chose to remain silent on purpose. Whatever the reason was, the officers would keep up their efforts.

When the two officers were at the hospital with Jiwa, Ren was working on reports at the station. It was a lazy day since they had nothing to do. Ren had asked Yoongi to run the tests on some specific samples she gave them the night before when Yoongi was just about to head into his bed.

She sure did receive a mouthful of curses from the doctor but she didn't need to know that. This was the beauty of her job. Yoongi had promised to give her the reports by tomorrow so now she had nothing else to do than to wait.

Taehyung was going through the list of places that were shortlisted for shoe samples they got from the scene. He had also listed out a few shops where he could find cheap artificial hair. He was just getting ready to leave for the cosmetics shop when he recognised a familiar scent from around him, your scent.

You were at the station. He looked up and saw you walking in with one of his hoodies on. His cheeks flushed red when he saw you walking in confidently, ignoring the glares she received from the girl on the opposite side of the room.

"Hey" you stopped right in front of Taehyung's desk. He was looking up at you with puppy eyes. Literally puppy eyes that made your heart melt into a puddle of water.

"Hi" he shyly replied. It seemed as if the roles have been reversed with you being the bold one and him being shy. He was blushing profusely while Ren was angrily poking holes on your back. Thinking of this as a great opportunity, you walked around his desk and placed a long but firm kiss on his lips.

He looked taken aback and had wide eyes but soon put his arm around your waist and pulled you on his lap. Ren on the other side wanted to stab you to death with her metallic pen.

"Woah!! What was that for?" Taehyung, breathlessly asked once you let go of your lips. You leaned in towards his ear and whispered very slowly for only his ears "I love to piss her off. Also, I missed you" You shamelessly said.

Taehyung's heart spiked up at that. His grip tightened around your waist. Jiwa, who was watching the drama from afar, smirked knowing how the scene infuriated the senior officer more than she already was and the way she stomped outside clearly showed her jealousy.

"I had a day off so I thought I should surprise you" you wrapped your arms around his neck. Fingers slowly playing with his hair on the neck and others with the skin near his ear.

Taehyung was still getting over the luscious kiss you just shared with him and now you dropped another bomb on him. You were extra touchy today and he was all for it.

"Oh dear God! You have no idea what you're doing to me right now" he rasped in your ear, bringing you closer when there was no one around and placed a light kiss on the side of your neck.

"Tae!! Don't" you pushed him back when you realised you were at a police station and anyone could enter his cabin despite it being private.

"I'll go buy a few things for Woobin's mom. You can go on with your work" you patted his shoulder once you climbed off his lap. He whined at the distance but then let you go with a last kiss on your lips.

"I'll take you to my house today. Be ready" he said to you. You smiled approvingly and then left the place. On your way out, you ran into Ren. She had an irritated look plastered on her face. She looked pissed.

"Live in your happy little Taehyung bubble for as long as you have left" she gloated, eyes full of fury.

"You know, a wise man once said 'one hates you because they want what you have' I never believed it until I met you" you answered as sassily as you could be.