• Chapter 43 •

"Get out of our way or I'll kill you too" You said pointing the gun at Hoseok. The gun you found in the pocket of the suit you were wearing. The suit draped by Hoseok around your shoulder a few minutes ago.

You didn't realise there was a pocket pistol in his pocket. When he was trying to drag you out of there, you briefly thought of snatching one of his guns from him and threatening him but then something poked on your ribs and there it was. A small, shiny black gun.

You didn't know much about weapons but you could make out how to use a gun when needed and this one was easy to use and so, you pulled it out at light speed and pointed it at him.

"Sunshine… drop this. It's dangerous. You can hurt yourself" Hoseok tried to get the gun out of your hand. He wasn't scared for himself but for you. He didn't want you to hurt yourself in any way.

"I won't. I know I won't but I can very well hurt you if you won't let me go" you spat at him. Taehyung didn't move an inch all this while. He looked between the pistol in your hands and your face, devoid of any emotion.

"You can't. This is not you" Hoseok knew all the people you had killed were only because you were rageful. That it wasn't you thinking rationally and that you would never hurt anyone intentionally.

"Of Course this is me. This is the same me that loved you for all those years and this is the same me who killed all those 6 of your men. I'm still me" you shouted back. Hands coming back to rest on the sides of your body. You were not like this. Anger consumed you, rebelion turned you into a monster and you've embraced it as if it's a part of yours. You've become that monster.

"YN please. Let's just get out of here and everything will be fine. everything will be back to normal. We'll be together once again" Hoseok said. Every word that was leaving his mouth was piercing a hole in Taehyung's heart. The thought of you and him being together was killing Taehyung on the inside.

"There is no 'we' here, Hoseok. The 'we' that you're talking about, died 2 years ago" you argued back. The realization hit you heavier than a boulder the previous night. Realisation of being in love with Taehyung. You knew it was too late but all that mattered to you was that you loved him. A little lesser If not as much as he did.

"Don't tell me you're in love with him!!" Hoseok, while hysterically laughing, pointed towards Taehyung. He laughed a little more and waited for you to say anything and when you didn't, he stared at you in disbelief "you do, don't you?"

"I do. I love him" the words were out of your mouth before you could think. It was as if they were waiting on the tip of your tongue, restricted by conditions. And the moment the words slipped out, you felt a huge weight being carried off of your chest.

You felt light. You loved him. You've accepted that part of yours that you've given to him without him asking. Even if you won't get your happy ending, you were happy to hear the words out loud from your lips. It felt serene to finally accept it.

Taehyung blinked once, twice and then once more. He doubted if he heard you right. If he's hallucinating. If both, his imagination and desperation has taken an upper hand and made him delusional. But then again, as if you were hearing his lucid thoughts, repeated those words again.

"I love him more than anything, better than anyone. More than yesterday and less than tomorrow" and Taehyung was a gone case at that. His heart almost leaped outside of his chest and a flow of fireworks erupted in his stomach.

Are those butterflies he was experiencing? Is this the feeling of being in true love?? He's never felt like this before!! Not with Ren or any of his previous girlfriends. Never so strongly. This must be it. The serenity of those three words which were more often used but less often meant. Maybe this is it. The moment of being loved back!!